19 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Health Officials Advise Flu Shot to Avoid Dealing With Flu, COVID at the Same Time VOA 19 Sep 2020 -- Health officials are warning the public to get a flu shot this year to avoid having to deal with COVID-19 and the flu simultaneously.
- COVID-19 to Shape This Year's UN General Assembly VOA 19 Sep 2020 -- World leaders will meet virtually at the United Nations starting Monday, as they discuss international cooperation to halt the spread of COVID-19.
- US COVID-19 Deaths Approach 200,000 VOA 19 Sep 2020 -- COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. are approaching 200,000 as Minnesota, South Dakota and other U.S. states grapple with surges in infections and rising death tolls.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 19 Sep 2020
- U.S. CDC updates guidelines on testing people without COVID-19 symptoms People's Daily 19 Sep 2020 -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday updated again on its website the guidelines for testing people who do not have symptoms of novel coronavirus.
- Trump expects coronavirus vaccine to be available for "every American" by April People's Daily 19 Sep 2020 -- President Donald Trump's remarks contradicted U.S. CDC Director Robert Redfield, who said that it will be the late second quarter or third quarter of 2021 before a COVID-19 vaccine is generally available to the American public.
- U.S. CDC Reports 198,099 Deaths from Coronavirus SPA 19 Sep 2020 -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today, on Saturday reported 6,706,374 cases of the new coronavirus, an increase of 49,575 cases from its previous count, and said the number of deaths had risen by 983 to 198,099, according to Reuters.
- Direct intl flights to be suspended once 5 people test positive for COVID-19 after one imported asymptomatic case reported in Beijing Global Times 19 Sep 2020 -- A circuit breaker will be triggered immediately for direct international flights if five passengers test positive for COVID-19 on a single flight, Beijing authorities said on Saturday, following the first imported asymptomatic infection case reported in Beijing on the same day since the capital resumed direct flights on September 3.
- HKSAR gov't to launch regular COVID-19 testing for high-risk groups Global Times 19 Sep 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government said on Friday that it is stepping up its infection-control measures as the next wave of COVID-19 infections, which are expected to hit in the winter, could be even more serious than the recent third wave.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Sep 2020 -- No new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Friday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Boris Johnson Admits â€˜Second COVID-19 Wave is Coming Inâ€™, Says Lockdown is â€˜Last Thing Anyone Wantsâ€™ Sputnik 19 Sep 2020 -- As the United Kingdom has recorded another 4,322 confirmed COVID-19 cases, Public Health England's medical director Yvonne Doyle made the dire prediction of "far worse things to come", with the government looking at a spate of scenarios and potential measures to stanch the spread of the virus.
- India overtakes USA to become No.1 in terms of global COVID 19 recoveries India PIB 19 Sep 2020 -- In a landmark global achievement, India has overtaken USA and become the top country in terms of global COVID-19 recoveries.
- Minister of Commerce & Industry engages with 12 State/UTs and reviews status of COVID management including Oxygen availability and usage India PIB 19 Sep 2020 -- As part of Union Governmentâ€™s coordinated strategy for effective containment and management of the COVID-19 pandemic, a high level review meeting was chaired by Cabinet Secretary today.
- COVID-19 kills 166 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 19 Sep 2020 -- Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 166 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Iran prepares 14 million flu vaccine doses to cope with COVID-19 complications Press TV 19 Sep 2020 -- The Iranian health ministry is preparing 14 million flu vaccine doses as part of its efforts to head off complications that might impact the healthcare system in the country in the autumn and winter if people simultaneously contract the flu and the COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
- Entire Iran Under Coronavirus Red Alert Radio Farda 19 Sep 2020 -- As daily deaths from coronavirus cases soar at an alarming rate, the entirety of Iran is under "red alert," Iranian state-run TV cited Deputy Minister of Health Iraj Harirchi as saying on Friday.
- S. Korea Reports 110 New Virus Cases As Rise in Local Infections Persists SPA 19 Sep 2020 -- South Korea's new coronavirus cases stayed in the 100s for the 17th consecutive day on Saturday, with local infections unabated in the greater Seoul area, Yonhap reported.
- South Korea Reports 110 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 19 Sep 2020 -- South Korea's new Coronavirus cases stayed in the 100s for the 17th consecutive day on Saturday as local infections remained unabated around Seoul and untraceable cases hit a record high, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Health Ministry: Coronavirus Confirmed Cases under 600, 1,078 New Recoveries, in Saudi Arabia SPA 19 Sep 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 551 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 329,271 cases, including 15,383 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Contacts of 6 COVID-19 patients who traveled from Taiwan test negative CNA 19 Sep 2020 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday that it has found no COVID-19 infections in Taiwan among the 122 contacts of six Filipinos who tested positive for the disease after departing Taiwan in recent weeks.
- Taiwan confirms 3 new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 19 Sep 2020 -- Three people who entered Taiwan recently have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 coronavirus, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- Canada's Ontario cracks down on parties amid COVID-19 resurgence SPA 19 Sep 2020 -- Canada's most populous province is cracking down on private social gatherings as COVID-19 cases surge, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said in a surprise news conference called on Saturday.
- WFP Links Record Hunger Levels to Conflict, Climate Change, COVID-19 VOA 19 Sep 2020 -- The World Food Program says many countries affected by conflict, COVID-19 and climate change are experiencing record levels of hunger, threatening the lives of thousands of people.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|