13 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- U.S. Welcomes Serbia's Intention to Designate Hizballah as a Terrorist Organization US Dept. of State 13 Sep 2020 -- Serbia's announcement that it will designate Hizballah as a terrorist organization in its entirety is another significant step limiting this Iranian backed terrorist group's ability to operate in Europe.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Medical Journal: Masks an Important Tool to Fight COVID-19 VOA 13 Sep 2020 -- Wearing a face mask during the COVID-19 pandemic could be a more important part of the arsenal against the virus than previously thought.
- Nearly 29 Million COVID Cases Worldwide VOA 13 Sep 2020 -- There are almost 29 million COVID-19 infections worldwide.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 13 Sep 2020
- U.S. Reports 40,432 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 807 Deaths SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- The United States of America reported today 40,423 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 807 death cases.
- Trump Contends He's Done 'Incredible Job' on Coronavirus VOA 13 Sep 2020 -- Seven weeks ahead of the U.S. national elections, President Donald Trump is contending he has done an "incredible job" dealing with the coronavirus pandemic and minimizing the country's death toll.
- US revokes 14-day quarantine for travelers from Chinese mainland Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- The US will loosen travel restrictions on people from the Chinese mainland from Monday, and it will revoke the earlier 14-day quarantine requirement.
- Large-scale COVID-19 vaccine injections not needed as domestic pandemic curbed: CDC director Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- As China has already curbed the coronavirus contagion, a COVID-19 vaccine could be injected sparingly rather than on a large-scale, the head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said. Experts remind that while vaccines are useful, the public should remain on high alert for any potential resurgence.
- Prominent Chinese infectious disease expert upbeat on global fight against COVID-19 Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- The first signs of success have emerged in the global fight against COVID-19, said prominent Chinese infectious disease expert Zhang Wenhong in his latest online post on Sunday. It was the veteran Shanghai doctor's first positive remark on the global efforts against the coronavirus.
- Chinese city bordering Myanmar locks down community after suspected COVID-19 patient Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- A newly reported COVID-19 infection has triggered the lockdown of a residential complex in a Chinese city bordering Myanmar in Southwest China's Yunnan Province on Saturday afternoon, and the unknown source of the possible infection sparked concerns over illegal crossings.
- No antibody-dependent enhancement effect observed in China-developed COVID19 vaccines: experts Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- The antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) effect, which could lead to the failure of vaccines and infections that are even more serious, has not yet been observed from clinical trials of China-developed COVID-19 vaccines, said Li Yingli, the chief reviewer in charge of clinical review of vaccines at the Center for Drug Evaluation of the Chinese National Medical Products Administration, on Saturday.
- 22.2% of Hong Kong residents now tested for COVID-19 Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- As many as 1,666,000 residents have been tested for COVID-19 in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region's (HKSAR) universal community testing program, who account for 22.2 percent of the city's population, HKSAR government said.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Sep 2020 -- No new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- 13 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 13 Sep 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that 13 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 10 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Sep 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 10 new imported COVID-19 cases Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 2,635, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- About 8 mln Britons face tighter lockdown rules as UK reaches "critical time" in virus fight Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- Almost 8 million Britons will be subjected to tighter lockdown restrictions next week after fresh measures were imposed in the West Midlands and Scotland, local media reported Saturday.
- Russia Records 5,449 COVID-19 Cases in Past 24 Hours SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- Russia has registered 5,449 COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, which brings the cumulative total to 1,062,811, the country's coronavirus response center said on Sunday, according to Sputnik.
- Health Ministry issues Post COVID Management Protocol for holistic follow up care and well-being of all post- COVID recovering patients India PIB 13 Sep 2020 -- Government of India is leading the COVID-19 response and management in the country in close coordination and collaboration with the State/UT governments. Several strategic and calibrated measures have been taken for the prevention, containment and management of COVID-19.
- UPDATES on COVID-19 India PIB 13 Sep 2020 -- India continues to report high number of recoveries exceeding 70,000 every day. Focussed, collaborative, responsive & effective measures of early identification through high & aggressive testing, prompt surveillance & tracking coupled with standardised high quality clinical care have in tandem led to this result.
- India Reports Over 94,000 New Coronavirus Cases, Over 1,000 More Deaths SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- India reported 94,372 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Sunday, taking total cases past 4.7 million, as infection numbers rose in several states amid a gradual opening up of businesses, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19 kills 128 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Sep 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 128 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Lifting of Complete Restrictions on Departure and Return to the Kingdom Takes Place after 1st of January 2021, MoI says SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- An official source of the Ministry of Interior announced today that a royal approval has stated that lifting of complete restrictions, previously imposed due to the spread of coronavirus COVID-19, on the departure and return of citizens to and from the Kingdom and allowing the opening of air, sea and land outlets will take place after the first of January 2021.
- As many as 28 new deaths, 601 new confirmed cases and 1034 Recoveries from COVID-19 reported in Saudi Arabia, Health Ministry Spokesman announces SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali said in a press conference today that 601 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 325,651 cases, including 18,513 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1,326 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable, he added.
- Turkey reports 1,509 new COVID-19 cases, 289,635 in total Global Times 13 Sep 2020 -- Turkey confirmed 1,509 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, raising the total diagnosed patients to 289,635, the Turkish Health Ministry announced.
- Mexico's Confirmed Coronavirus Deaths Rise to 70,604 SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- Mexico reported 5,674 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection and 421 additional fatalities on Saturday, bringing its totals to 663,973 infections and 70,604 deaths, Reuters cited the country's Health Ministry data as updating.
- Brazil Reports 814 Coronavirus Deaths on Saturday SPA 13 Sep 2020 -- Brazil registered 814 coronavirus deaths over the last 24 hours and 33,523 additional cases, Reuters quoted the nation's health ministry as saying on Saturday evening.
- Malawi President Calls for United Front Against COVID-19 VOA 13 Sep 2020 -- Malawi president Lazarus Chakwera is calling for collaborative efforts in the fight against coronavirus, which has so far infected nearly 6,000 Malawians and killed over 170 others. But commentators say the government should also tackle other diseases rather than focusing on COVID-19 alone.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|