07 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Death Toll From Bubonic Plague in Mongolia Rises to 3, Reports Say Sputnik 07 Sep 2020 -- Mongolia has confirmed its third death from the bubonic plague since the beginning of the year, the Xinhua news agency reported on Monday, citing the Zavkhan province's Centre for Zoonotic Diseases.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Epidemiological Update WHO 07 Sep 2020
- WHO: World Must Learn from COVID, Prepare for Next Pandemic VOA 07 Sep 2020 -- Countries which bolstered their health care systems in recent years have fared better amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organization said Monday.
- Global COVID-19 deaths surpass 880,000: Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- Global COVID-19 deaths surpassed 880,000 on Sunday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
- Hailed as Route to Return to Normal, Antibody Tests Disappoint VOA 07 Sep 2020 -- In April, during the height of the coronavirus lockdown, Trump administration health experts hailed a test that would confirm if someone had already had the virus and therefore couldn't get sick again.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 07 Sep 2020
- Trump, Biden Clash Over COVID-19 Vaccine Rhetoric VOA 07 Sep 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden traded verbal attacks about COVID-19 vaccines in their respective Labor Day remarks.
- U.S. Reports 34,337 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 462 Deaths SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- The United States of America reported today 34,337 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 462 death cases.
- U.S. Reports 45,405 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 892 Deaths SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- The United States of America reported today 45,405 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 892 death cases.
- Remarks by President Trump in Press Conference | September 7, 2020 The White House 07 Sep 2020
- Chinese-made vaccine able to fight all mutations: developer Global Times 07 Sep 2020 -- Chinese military infectious disease expert Chen Wei said a COVID-19 vaccine her team produced can be effective against all existing mutations of the novel coronavirus, noting that they are preparing for mass vaccination at a low price whenever phase three clinical trial results come out.
- Xinjiang clears all confirmed COVID-19 cases, asymptomatic carriers Global Times 07 Sep 2020 -- The number of confirmed and asymptomatic COVID-19 patients in Xinjiang dropped to zero on Monday, the same day as schools in the region reopened after Xinjiang announced its return to normalcy last week.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- No new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Sunday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Hong Kong to implement health code system once epidemic under control: officials People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- Senior officials of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Sunday that the health code system will be introduced once the epidemic is brought under control to facilitate travels and economic activities in Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao.
- Hong Kong's new COVID-19 cases rebound to 21 People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- Hong Kong's daily new cases of COVID-19 rebounded to 21 on Sunday, with five identified under the Universal Community Testing Program (UCTP).
- Russia reports 5,185 new coronavirus cases, 51 deaths SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- Russia reported 5,185 new coronavirus cases on Monday, pushing its national tally to 1,030,690, the fourth largest in the world, Reuters reported.
- India records nearly 5 crore Total Tests India PIB 07 Sep 2020 -- India is one of the few countries that have reported very high numbers of daily testing. The daily testing capacity has crossed 11.70 lakh.
- India's Total Recoveries continue to rise, cross 32.5 lakh today India PIB 07 Sep 2020 -- On a continuous upward trajectory, India's total recovered cases have crossed 32.5 lakh today, with 69,564 patients being discharged in the last 24 hours. This has resulted in the Recovery Rate touching 77.31%.
- UPDATES on COVID-19 India PIB 07 Sep 2020 -- State/UT data on new additions, recoveries and reported deaths
- India overtakes Brazil as country second-worst hit by COVID-19 SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- India's coronavirus infections surged past 4.2 million on Monday as it overtook Brazil to become the country with the second-highest number of cases, Reuters reported.
- India Now Has 2nd Highest Number of COVID-19 Infections Worldwide VOA 07 Sep 2020 -- India now has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases in the world after a week in which it added nearly half a million new infections.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 117 more in Iran IRNA 07 Sep 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Monday that some 117 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 22,410.
- Health Ministry: 886 New Recoveries Reported, Lab Tests Exceeded 5.45 mln, in Saudi Arabia SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement today that 768 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 321,456 cases, including 19,726 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwanese man back from Nepal confirmed with COVID-19 CNA 07 Sep 2020 -- A Taiwanese man tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, four days after his return from Nepal, bringing the number of cases in Taiwan to 494, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said that day.
- Australian PM announces deal for 84 mln doses of coronavirus vaccine People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced a deal to acquire more than 84 million doses of potential coronavirus vaccines.
- Australians Can Get Free Coronavirus Vaccine Early Next Year, PM Scott Morrison Says Sputnik 07 Sep 2020 -- A coronavirus vaccine will likely become available to people in Australia as early as at the start of next year, Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced.
- Stranded Refugees Plead with Australia to Ease COVID-19 Border Closures VOA 07 Sep 2020 -- Campaigners are urging Australia to restart a refugee program that has left thousands of people stranded overseas. Australia closed its international borders in March because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Lebanon registers 415 new COVID-19 cases, 20,426 in total Global Times 07 Sep 2020 -- Lebanon's number of COVID-19 infections increased on Sunday by 415 cases to 20,426 while death toll went up by four to 191, the Health Ministry reported.
- 9 Israeli entities to join EU urgent projects for fighting COVID-19 People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- Nine Israeli entities will take part in the European Union's urgent projects aimed to assist the fight against the coronavirus outbreak, the Israel Innovation Authority said on Sunday.
- Canada seeing more COVID-19 cases among younger people People's Daily 07 Sep 2020 -- There have been 131,495 cases of COVID-19 in Canada, including 9,143 deaths, with the trend of increased cases among younger people, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) said Sunday.
- Oman: Total Confirmed Covid-19 Cases Stand at 87328 SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- The total number of positive Covid-19 cases in the Sultanate of Oman reached 87328, while the number of recoveries stood at 82805, comprising 94.8 percent and the total number of Covid-19 related death cases stood at 734, the Ministry of Health said according to Oman News Agency.
- Malaysia reports sharpest spike in new coronavirus cases in 3 months SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- Malaysia's health authorities reported 62 new coronavirus cases on Monday, the sharpest spike since early June, just as the government began barring long-term immigration pass holders from countries with high infection numbers, Reuters reported.
- Brazil reports 14,521 coronavirus cases, 447 deaths SPA 07 Sep 2020 -- Brazil recorded 14,521 additional confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, as well as 447 deaths from the disease, Reuters cited the Health Ministry as saying on Sunday.
- In Somalia, COVID-19 Fears Prevent Maternal Healthcare, Child Vaccines VOA 07 Sep 2020 -- Somali health authorities say the number of maternal checkups and childhood vaccinations have plunged during the pandemic as many people fear catching COVID-19 at clinics and hospitals. Healthcare workers worry the lack of medical care for pregnant women and children could result in a wave of common diseases that take more victims than COVID-19.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|