04 July 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Influenza virus in pigs not an immediate pandemic threat: CDC Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- The pig influenza virus bearing the genotype 4 (G4) does not constitute an immediate threat of a pandemic outbreak, according to the latest research by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 166 WHO 04 Jul 2020
- WHO Halts Trials of Hydroxychloroquine, Lopinavir/Ritonavir for COVID-19 Treatment Sputnik 04 Jul 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Saturday that it was discontinuing trials of hydroxychloroquine and the combination of lopinavir/ritonavir for treatment, as part of its tests to find efficient remedies against the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 04 Jul 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 04 Jul 2020
- U.S. Reports 749 New Deaths from COVID-19 SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- The United States of America recorded 52,492 new confirmed infections and 749 deaths as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
- US Continues to Lead in COVID Cases VOA 04 Jul 2020 -- The United States has more COVID-19 infections than anywhere else, with nearly 2.8 million of the globe's more than 11 million cases. COVID-19 is the disease caused by the coronavirus.
- Hubei reports two imported cases from Russia, as Chinese Embassy warns of risk of transfer in Moscow Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- After days of zero new reported cases in Central China's Hubei Province, three asymptomatic COVID-19 infections were reported Friday, including two passengers on board a flight from Russia.
- Over 10 million in Beijing receive COVID-19 tests People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- More than 10.41 million residents in Beijing had received nucleic acid tests as of Thursday since the resurgence of domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases, local authorities said on Friday.
- EU authorizes remdesivir for COVID-19 treatment Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- The European Commission has authorized anti-viral drug remdesivir for the treatment against coronavirus on Friday, making it the first drug authorized at the European Union level for the treatment of COVID-19.
- Scotland to safeguard border with England over coronavirus fears Press TV 04 Jul 2020 -- Following the effective end of the lockdown in England, the Scottish government is taking extra precautions to safeguard the border against coronavirus penetration.
- UK Confirmed COVID Death Toll Rises to 44,198, up 67 SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- The United Kingdom's death toll from confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus has risen by 67 to 44,198 in the last day, Reuters quoted the government as saying today.
- Germany's Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Rise by 422 to 196,096 SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 422 to 196,096, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Saturday, Reuters reported.
- Russia's Coronavirus Cases Near 675,000, Death Toll Passes 10,000 SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- Russia on Saturday reported 6,632 new cases of the novel coronavirus, raising the nationwide tally of infections to 674,515, Reuters reported.
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 04 Jul 2020
- COVID-19 kills another 148 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 04 Jul 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 148 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 11,408.
- Iran tightens COVID-19 restrictions as of Sunday IRNA 04 Jul 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that wearing mask will become mandatory in the crowded and public places as of Sunday (July 5).
- Iran says U.S. sanctions hamper global fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- The unilateral sanctions by the United States on countries like Iran, Syria and Yemen hamper global efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, Majid Takht-Ravanchi, Iran's envoy to the United Nations, was quoted as saying by Tasnim news agency on Friday.
- Coronavirus Infected 20 Percent In Iran, Random Serology Tests Show Radio Farda 04 Jul 2020 -- A member of the national Coronavirus Combat Taskforce of Iran on Saturday said based on random serologic test findings 20 percent of Iranians must have had been infected with the coronavirus so far.
- Iran's President Says Wear Masks, Or Be Denied Public Services RFE/RL 04 Jul 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rohani says Iranians who do not wear masks will be denied public services and workplaces that fail to comply with health protocols will be shut for a week.
- South Korea Coronavirus Cases exceeded 60, for the second straight day SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- The Coronavirus cases in South Korea exceeded today 60 cases for the second straight day, with infections outside Seoul metropolitan area and cases from overseas, showing no signs of slowdown, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Tokyo's COVID-19 cases hit fresh 2-month high, surpass 100-mark for 2nd straight day People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- The Tokyo metropolitan government confirmed 124 new COVID-19 infections on Friday in the capital, marking the highest daily increase in two months and the second straight day the figure has topped 100.
- Health Ministry: 4,128 New COVID-19 Cases Reported, 1,823,763 Lab Tests Done, in Saudi Arabia SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement here today that 4,128 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, raising the total number to 205,929 cases, including 60,815 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Saudi Press: Saudi Arabia Provides $ 500 Million to Support International Efforts to Combat COVID-19 SPA 04 Jul 2020 -- Saudi newspapers highlighted in their editorials today a number of issues, at local, regional, and international arenas.
- U.K. includes Taiwan among its safe travel corridors CNA 04 Jul 2020 -- Taiwan has been included by the United Kingdom in its safe travel corridors from which travelers to England will no longer need to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival beginning July 10, according to a notice posted on the U.K.'s government portal.
- NATO Steps In Amid Reports Of COVID-19 Hitting Afghan Forces VOA 04 Jul 2020 -- NATO's non-combatant military alliance in Afghanistan said Saturday it has arranged its "largest supply ever" of personal protective medical equipment to help Afghan security forces fight the coronavirus.
- US records 53,000 new cases, Brazil passes 1.5m, Russia nears 675,000 Press TV 04 Jul 2020 -- Cases of the coronavirus are surging worldwide with far reaching effects from South Africa to Brazil and India.
- Mexico Could Be Significantly Downplaying Its Coronavirus Death Toll - Reports Sputnik 04 Jul 2020 -- The Mexican government may be downplaying tens of thousands of deaths from official coronavirus statistics, the Financial Times reported on Saturday, citing a compilation of independent studies.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|