Beijing bus driver released from hospital, first to recover from latest Xinfadi outbreak
Source:Global Times Published: 2020/6/29 11:34:01
The first COVID-19 patient to recover from the latest outbreak in Beijing's Xinfadi wholesale market was discharged from Beijing Ditan Hospital on Monday, after testing negative for coronavirus two times.
The 56-year-old man, surnamed He, is an airport shuttle bus driver, and was diagnosed as a coronavirus patient on June 13, two days after the resurgence in Xinfadi wholesale market.
He went to the beef and mutton sections of Xinfadi market on June 3, and felt symptoms of fatigue and headache two days later. On June 12, he suffered a fever and went to hospital, media reported.
"I was there for about half an hour and left the market after buying some mutton," said He, adding that his daughter is a nurse, so he took a nucleic acid test at the hospital where she worked, and his family members later all tested negative for coronavirus.
Xu Yanli, He's doctor, told media that He reported his infection and received treatment at an early stage, which was why he was able to beat the virus so quickly.
"He is a man with a positive mentality and steady mind… He was very cooperative with our work," said Xu.
He had not worked at the airport for several months since January 26, when the inter-provincial shuttle bus service in Beijing was suspended. He had been resting at home and not come into contact with any passengers, media reported.
"I really appreciate the hard work from all the medical staff. I hope all the patients will recover soon and Beijing will finally win the battle against the epidemic," He said.
Beijing reported seven new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing the total number to 318 since June 11. The capital city also recorded four new suspected cases and one asymptomatic carrier on Sunday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|