27 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 159 WHO 27 Jun 2020
- COVID Cases Climbing Toward 10 Million VOA 27 Jun 2020 -- The global number of coronavirus infections is steadily climbing toward the 10 million mark.
- Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 27 Jun 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 27 Jun 2020
- Obesity may cause higher fatality of COVID-19 for young Americans Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- The victims of COVID-19 in the United States appear to be younger than those in other hard-hit rich countries, and the reason could be obesity.
- Up to 20m in US may be infected with virus People's Daily 27 Jun 2020 -- The actual number of people in the United States infected with the novel coronavirus could be over 20 million, nearly 10 times higher than what has been recorded, according to a new estimate from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. On Thursday, some states paused reopening as the number of COVID-19 cases surge.
- Bill Gates: COVID-19 'will be back in big numbers' in October-November Press TV 27 Jun 2020 -- US billionaire and software developer Bill Gates has warned that the coronavirus epidemic "will be back in big numbers" in October-November when temperatures in the United States turn lower.
- Coronavirus response: The United Kingdom flies medical equipment to West Africa following UN call for support NATO 27 Jun 2020 -- A UK Royal Air Force C-17 cargo aircraft departed for Accra, Ghana on Saturday (27 June 2020), carrying materials for the construction of a field hospital. This facility will be used for frontline aid workers in the region, to help fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- Russia's Daily Number of New Coronavirus Cases Stays Below 7,000 SPA 27 Jun 2020 -- Russia on Saturday reported 6,852 new coronavirus cases, a figure that keeps the daily rise below 7,000 for a second day in a row for the first time since late April. The new cases take the cumulative nationwide tally to 627,646, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19 cases surpass half-a-million mark in India, total deaths 15,685 Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- Total COVID-19 cases in India surpassed half-a-million mark on Saturday, reaching 508,953, as the death toll reached 15,685, confirmed the latest data released by the federal health ministry.
- COVID-19 Updates India PIB 27 Jun 2020
- Dr Harsh Vardhan chairs 17th meeting of Group of Ministers (GOM) on COVID-19 India PIB 27 Jun 2020 -- The 17th meeting of the high-level Group of Ministers (GoM) on COVID-19 was held under the chairpersonship of Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare by a video-conference hosted at Nirman Bhawan, here today.
- Union Health Ministry issues updated clinical management protocol for managing COVID-19 cases India PIB 27 Jun 2020 -- Keeping pace with evolving knowledge about COVID-19, especially in terms of effective drugs, the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has today released an updated clinical management protocol for managing COVID-19 cases.
- Center Bolsters Efforts for COVID Management in Delhi India PIB 27 Jun 2020 -- The Centre has been supporting States/UTs in their endeavours for combating the COVID-19 outbreak. The Central Government has extended substantial support to NCT of Delhi for containment and management of COVID-19.
- Coronavirus kills 125 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 27 Jun 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 125 more Iranians have died of coronavirus (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total death toll to 10,364.
- Iran plans second round of cash handouts to 23 mln households Press TV 27 Jun 2020 -- The Iranian government is planning a second cash handout of 10 million rials (nearly $50) for around 23 million households amid efforts to ease the economic impacts of the new coronavirus pandemic.
- S.Korea reports 51 more COVID-19 cases, 12,653 in total Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- South Korea reported 51 more cases of COVID-19 compared to 24 hours ago as of 0:00 a.m. Saturday local time, raising the total number of infections to 12,653.
- Health Ministry: 3,927 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported, Raising the Toll to 178,504, in Saudi Arabia SPA 27 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 3,927 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, raising the total number to 178,504 cases, including 54,865 active cases undergoing medical treatment against 2,283 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- Brazil Registers 46,860 Additional Coronavirus Cases, 990 Deaths SPA 27 Jun 2020 -- Brazil registered 46,860 new cases of the novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours and 990 additional deaths, Reuters cited the Health Ministry as saying on Friday.
- US, Brazil most 'failed' COVID-19 states Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- As global confirmed COVID-19 cases are expected to soon hit 10 million, observers said there is no question that the US and Brazil - which account for nearly 40 percent of the world's total cases - are the most prominent failed states in the fight against the virus, and their incompetence threatens global social and economic recovery.
- Chinese firms donate medical supplies to Zimbabwe to fight COVID-19 Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- State-owned Chinese companies operating in Zimbabwe on Friday made a donation of medical goods worth 55,000 U.S. dollars to help the country in its ongoing fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Turkey reports 1,396 new COVID-19 cases Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- Turkey confirmed 1,396 new coronavirus cases and 19 fatalities in the past 24 hours, taking the total infection cases to 194,511 and the overall death toll to 5,065, Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca tweeted on Friday.
- Human Rights Watch: Turkmenistan Risking Country's Health By Denying Coronavirus Cases RFE/RL 27 Jun 2020 -- Human Rights Watch is warning that Turkmenistan is putting the country's health in jeopardy by denying an apparent outbreak of the coronavirus in the Central Asian state.
- Nine More Kyrgyz Presidential Staffers Test Positive For Coronavirus RFE/RL 27 Jun 2020 -- The chief of staff to the Kyrgyz president and eight other employees tested positive for the coronavirus on June 27, bringing the number of infections to 17 within President Sooronbai Jeenbekov's administration.
- Palestinian Authorities Closing Bethlehem as Coronavirus Cases Surge Sputnik 27 Jun 2020 -- The Palestinian authorities say they are tightening coronavirus restrictions in the cities of Hebron and Bethlehem, where a new lockdown is being imposed starting Monday amid a rise in the number of new COVID-19 cases.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|