15 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- North Carolina National Guard prepares for hurricanes Army News 15 Jun 2020 -- The holiday celebrations of "Tis' the season" are months away, but for the North Carolina National Guard (NCNG), "Tis the season" to prepare for hurricanes.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 147 WHO 15 Jun 2020
- WHO Emergencies Press Conference on coronavirus disease outbreak - 15 June 2020 WHO 15 Jun 2020
- Emerging Evidence Suggests COVID-19 May Cause Diabetes in Healthy People Sputnik 15 Jun 2020 -- Recently collected evidence suggests that COVID-19 could cause diabetes in healthy individuals and may cause complications in people who already suffer from diabetes.
- WHO says blood donation key to strengthening COVID-19 response People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Countries must invest in robust infrastructure and public awareness campaigns to boost donation of safe blood and strengthen the response to COVID-19 pandemic, a senior World Health Organization (WHO) official said on Sunday during World Blood Donor Day.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 15 Jun 2020
- Weekly Update: DHS Response to COVID-19 DHS 15 Jun 2020
- Readout from the Vice President's Governors Briefing on COVID-19 Response & Recovery & Supporting America's Workers The White House 15 Jun 2020
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Announces Gatherings of Up to 25 People Will Be Allowed in Phase Three of Reopening New York State 15 Jun 2020
- California further reopens despite statewide death toll of over 5,000 Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Despite a statewide death toll of over 5,000 from COVID-19 as of Saturday, California started this weekend to reopen most retail businesses that can prove they are willing and able to adopt state and county mandated safety protocols.
- US may not see COVID-19 "turning point" for a year, experts say Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- The United States will see even more grave situation in containing the COVID-19 pandemic as states started reopening and schools would resume in-person instructions soon, leading epidemiologists have said.
- US Food and Drug Administration Revokes Emergency Use of COVID-19 Drug Hydroxychloroquine Sputnik 15 Jun 2020 -- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said in an alert on Monday that it has revoked the emergency use of hydroxychloroquine, the drug touted by President Donald Trump as an effective treatment for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 15 Jun 2020
- Coronavirus Resurgence in Beijing Mars China's Self-Proclaimed Success in Containing It VOA 15 Jun 2020 -- A resurgence of COVID-19 infections in Beijing has ended the capital city's two-month-long virus-free period and threatened to cloud China's self-proclaimed success in combating the pandemic.
- WHO Confirms Surge of COVID Cases in Beijing VOA 15 Jun 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Monday that a recent surge in COVID-19 cases in Beijing shows that even places that have successfully suppressed the virus must remain vigilant against a resurgence.
- Beijing fights infection cluster in 'wartime mode' Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- All communities in Beijing entered the "wartime management mode" on Monday as the capital city undertakes strict prevention and control measures following the latest outbreak of COVID-19 cluster that was first detected at a local seafood market in the city's Fengtai district.
- Xi says China ready to strengthen anti-pandemic cooperation with Laos Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- China is ready to strengthen cooperation with Laos in fighting the COVID-19 epidemic, said General Secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday.
- Beijing outbreak may be more infectious than Wuhan one, rich anti-epidemic experience in place: virologist Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- The coronavirus found in Beijing's Xinfadi wholesale market is probably more infectious than that detected in Wuhan's Huanan seafood market, where the first wave of epidemic in the country was detected, given a significant number of cases confirmed in only four days in the capital city, a virologist said on Monday.
- Beijing launches large-scale COVID-19 test Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Beijing tested 76,499 people on Sunday for coronavirus and found 59 positive cases. In total, 79 new COVID-19 cases had been reported as of Monday, Beijing health authorities announced.
- Beijing turns into 'no-go zone' amid new cases, residents lower travel plans Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- After Beijing sees COVID-19 infection spike, it seems that the capital has now become a "no-go zone" for other parts of China, as many places have raised alert to travels to Beijing and strengthened health check on arrivals from Beijing.
- Source of Beijing cases renews speculation over COVID-19 origin Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Evidence shows that the source of infection in Beijing's new coronavirus outbreak points at Europe, seemingly casting new doubt over the origins of the COVID-19 epidemic, with some netizens and experts speculating the outbreak that occurred in Wuhan's Huanan seafood market may also relate to imported food or animals.
- Beijing communities enter wartime status following fresh COVID-19 spike Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- All communities in Beijing have entered into "wartime" status, with nearly 100,000 social workers joining the fight against COVID-19. As of Monday, authorities have screened nearly 200,000 people who had been to Xinfadi wholesale market, where the latest cluster occurred.
- Nearby city Baoding declares wartime status after Beijing sees spike in COVID-19 infections Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Baoding, a city in North China's Hebei Province, declared it was entering wartime status due to its geographic proximity with Beijing, which has seen a spike in local infections.
- Beijing reports 36 new COVID-19 local cases Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Beijing reported 36 new COVID-19 local cases on Monday, bringing the total number of active confirmed cases in the city to 79 as of press time.
- Infections related to Beijing cases emerge in three provinces Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Three provinces - Northeast China's Liaoning, North China's Hebei and Southwest China's Sichuan - have reported more COVID-19 cases that had close contacts with infections in Beijing.
- Beijing tested 76,499 connected to Xinfadi on Sunday, 59 found positive Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Beijing has tested 76,499 people with connections to Xinfadi Market on Sunday, of whom 59 tested positive for COVID-19: Beijing health authority.
- Beijing clustered infections at high risk of spreading: vice premier Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- The risk of the Beijing epidemic spreading is very high, warned Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan, who urged officials to adopt decisive measures to curb the epidemic.
- Demand for COVID-19 tests is surging, following latest Beijing outbreak Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Demand for nucleic acid tests is surging in Beijing, with local service providers receiving increased orders after the latest COVID-19 outbreak relating to the Xinfadi Wholesale Market in its southwestern Fengtai district.
- Grocery prices jump in Beijing as new outbreak shuts wholesale markets Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Groceries in Beijing see sharp price rises following the shutdown of six major wholesale markets in the Chinese capital city of more than 20 million.
- Returnees from mainland, Macao, Taiwan to HK exempted from 14-day quarantine Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Nearly 10,000 people returning from Chinese mainland, Taiwan Island and Macao to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) had been exempted from the compulsory 14-day self-isolation as of Friday, as Hong Kong eased quarantine rules, data showed.
- Beijing swift to curb new COVID cases People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Beijing is taking swift steps to curb a new cluster of local COVID-19 infections that has led to more than 50 new cases in the past four days, including shuttering a major wholesale market linked to all new infections, imposing a partial lockdown in its vicinity and ramping up mass testing and screening in key areas.
- 76,499 people screened for COVID-19 in Beijing People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Beijing on Sunday conducted nucleic acid tests on 76,499 people, with 59 testing positive for COVID-19, according to a press conference held Monday.
- Officials sacked over misconduct during COVID-19 control in Beijing People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Two officials in Beijing have been sacked after the city recently reported dozens of domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases, the municipal authorities said Monday.
- Beijing reports 8 more COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Eight new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Beijing from midnight to 7 a.m. on Sunday, municipal authorities said.
- Chinese mainland reports 49 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Monday that it received reports of 49 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Sunday, of which 39 were domestically transmitted and 10 were imported.
- Beijing reports 36 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Beijing reported 36 new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases on Sunday, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Beijing Shutters Wholesale Market Amid Fresh Coronavirus Outbreak Radio Free Asia 15 Jun 2020 -- Authorities in the Chinese capital have locked down a wholesale produce market amid a fresh wave of coronavirus cases.
- China Declares Martial Law in Baoding Over New COVID-19 Cluster Detected at Beijing Market Sputnik 15 Jun 2020 -- Chinese authorities have declared martial law in the city of Baoding, Hebei province, amid the new COVID-19 cluster at the Xinfadi, the largest wholesale market in Beijing, local municipal authorities said on Monday.
- European Countries Reopening Borders VOA 15 Jun 2020 -- Monday sees more reopenings in France, Britain, Greece and other locations, while China is reimposing some coronavirus restrictions after dozens of new cases in Beijing.
- France "turns page of first act of (COVID-19) crisis", says Macron Global Times 15 Jun 2020 -- Starting from Monday it would be possible for France to "turn the page on the first act of the crisis" that had forced France into nearly two months of anti-coronavirus lockdown followed by a gradual and cautious deconfinement, President Emmanuel Macron declared on Sunday.
- UK reports lowest daily deaths, France "turns page of first act of crisis" People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Britain reports lowest daily COVID-19 deaths since lockdown starts;
- Foreign Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 15 June 2020 UK FCO 15 Jun 2020 -- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab gave the 15 June 2020 daily press briefing on the government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Meeting on implementing support measures for economy and social sphere President of Russia 15 Jun 2020 -- The President held a meeting, via videoconference, on the implementation of previously adopted measures to support the economy and the social sphere.
- COVID-19 Updates India PIB 15 Jun 2020
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 15 Jun 2020
- India Expedites 30-Minute Testing Kits as Number of Cases May Continue to Rise Until October Sputnik 15 Jun 2020 -- With an average spike of 11,000 cases daily, India now ranks fourth in the world in terms of how many people have been infected. As the world's second-most populous nation, the country is now tasked with testing the maximum people as cases are predicted to keep rising until October.
- Report: Pakistan Hospitals Near Collapse Under Strain of COVID-19 VOA 15 Jun 2020 -- The New York Times is reporting that Pakistan's health care system is near collapse under the stress of the coronavirus pandemic.
- COVID-19 kills 113 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Jun 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Monday that some 113 more Iranians have died of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 8,950.
- Ministry of Health: 4507 New COVID-19 Cases Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 15 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 4507 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 132048 cases, including 43147 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1897 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable. As many as 3170 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 87890.
- Taiwan adds two new imported COVID-19 cases after 13-day hiatus CNA 15 Jun 2020 -- Taiwan reported two more imported COVID-19 cases on Monday, while maintaining zero local transmission for 64 days, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- UN warns coronavirus impact could kill over 50,000 children in MENA Press TV 15 Jun 2020 -- United Nations health agencies have warned that an additional 51,000 children under the age of five could die in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) by the end of 2020 due to disruptions in primary health care caused by the new coronavirus (COVID-19).
- COVID-19 updates: China tightens Beijing restrictions as global cases near 8 million mark Press TV 15 Jun 2020 -- As the number of coronavirus cases nears the eight million mark worldwide, China has reintroduced strict lockdown measures and begun mass testings in some areas of the capital, Beijing, where a never-before-seen cluster of the virus has added to concerns of a new wave of the outbreak.
- Indonesia reports 1,017 new coronavirus infections, 64 deaths SPA 15 Jun 2020 -- Indonesia reported on Monday 1,017 new coronavirus infections and 64 more deaths, the highest COVID-19 death toll in a single day in the Southeast Asian nation to date, Reuters reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|