14 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 146 WHO 14 Jun 2020
- Global coronavirus caseload at 7.76 million, nearly 430K dead Press TV 14 Jun 2020 -- Cases of infection with the new coronavirus have surpassed 7.76 million across the world, and the death toll is inching close to the 430,000 mark, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 14 Jun 2020
- Washington governor alarms increase of COVID-19 transmission Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- US state of Washington Governor Jay Inslee issued a statement on Saturday to alarm the increase of COVID-19 transmission.
- Daily COVID-19 deaths, hospitalizations hit new lows in New York state Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- The US state of New York again reached the lowest numbers of COVID-19 hospitalizations and daily deaths since the pandemic began, as more regions in the state are entering a new phase of reopening.
- Beijing reports 51 virus cases Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing reacted swiftly after a total of 51 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were reported as of Sunday, taking measures including expanding nucleic acid testing, strengthening management of residential communities in seriously affected districts and starting epidemiological investigations after a cluster of cases was uncovered at the city's largest wholesale food market.
- Seafood markets come under spotlight amid Beijing's new outbreak Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- With infections related to a Beijing food wholesale market hitting 53 on Sunday, seafood markets have entered the public spotlight with many discussing how samples, including one collected from a chopping board processing imported salmon, tested positive for COVID-19.
- Three restaurant workers test positive for COVID-19, raising public concerns Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- Three restaurant workers are among the eight confirmed COVID-19 cases reported on Sunday in Beijing, said Beijing health authorities, raising public concerns about the safety of dining out.
- Genome sequencing shows Xinfadi food market virus has European source: Beijing CDC Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- Genome sequencing of the strain of the coronavirus which caused the new COVID-19 outbreak in Beijing at the Xinfadi wholesale food market shows it originated from Europe, an expert from Beijing Center for Diseases Prevention and Control (Beijing CDC) said Sunday.
- 46,000 residents living near Xinfadi Market to be tested Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing's Fengtai district will conduct nucleic acid tests on more than 46,000 residents living in the surrounding communities near Xinfadi Market, where a total of 51 confirmed cases in the capital city were traced to.
- Beijing conducts rapid mass testing after closing produce market linked to virus Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing's health authority said Sunday the city's 44 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases registered between Saturday and of 7am on Sunday are all related to the Xinfadi market, the capital city's largest vegetable supply base. The latest figure brings the total number of active confirmed cases in the capital city to 51 as of press time, all linked to the Xinfadi market.
- Restaurant urges customers to undergo COVID-19 testing after waitress confirmed as patient Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- The manager of a Beijing-based restaurant on Sunday urged all their guests to take nucleic acid tests after a waitress appeared on the list of the latest batch of COVID-19 patients related to the resurgence of the outbreak in Beijing Xinfadi Market.
- New COVID-19 outbreak in Beijing will be contained: experts Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- A sudden spike in COVID-19 infections in Beijing linked to Asia's largest wholesale market struck a sudden blow to the capital city's seafood business, especially the salmon trade, and sounded the alarm about any lowering of the guard against the deadly disease.
- Beijing tightens control measures as new COVID-19 cases reported People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing has tightened COVID-19 control measures as newly confirmed cases by local transmission have been reported in the past few days in the capital.
- Beijing demands more tests for fever patients as new COVID-19 cases emerge People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing has demanded that hospitals offer more tests to screen fever patients for novel coronavirus infections as the city began to register new cases after a weeks-long lull.
- Beijing's new confirmed COVID-19 cases traced to Xinfadi market People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing's 36 new confirmed COVID-19 cases were all related to Xinfadi, a large wholesale market of fruits, vegetables and meat, an official said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 57 new confired COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday that it received reports of 57 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday, of which 38 were domestically transmitted and 19 were imported.
- Beijing reports 36 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Beijing reported 36 new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases and one new asymptomatic case on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Shanghai reports 1 new imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Shanghai reported one new imported COVID-19 case and zero increase in locally transmitted cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Two COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Two COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Hong Kong reports one new COVID-19 case, 1,109 in total People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported an additional confirmed case of COVID-19 on Saturday, taking the total number of confirmed cases in Hong Kong to 1,109.
- Beijing in 'Emergency Mode' After New COVID-19 Cluster Discovered at Market Sputnik 14 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese capital is in the "emergency mode" amid the new COVID-19 cluster at the Xinfadi, the largest wholesale market in the city, Xu Hejian, spokesperson for the municipal government and director of its information office, said on Sunday.
- Russia reports 8,835 new coronavirus cases, 119 deaths in last 24 hours SPA 14 Jun 2020 -- Russia reported 8,835 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Sunday, bringing the number of infections nationwide to 528,964, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19 Updates India PIB 14 Jun 2020
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 14 Jun 2020
- Pakistan Says Its COVID-19 Cases Could Rise to 1.2 Million by End of July VOA 14 Jun 2020 -- Officials in Pakistan have estimated that nationwide confirmed cases of COVID-19 infections could reach up to 1.2 million by the end of July, urging the nation to strictly comply with safety guidelines to help reverse the rising trajectory of new cases.
- Fast spread of Covid-19, Pakistan imposes lockdown in 1,300 localities IRNA 14 Jun 2020 -- Despite numerous warnings by the officials in Pakistan, people have been ignoring Covid-19 precautions, which forced the government to impose smart lockdowns in 1,300 localities across the country to prevent further spread of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 Deaths And Infections Once Again Soar In Iran Radio Farda 14 Jun 2020 -- For the first time in two months, daily deaths from COVID-19 in Iran passed the 100 mark on Sunday, June 14. The spokesperson of the ministry of health said 107 people died since Saturday.
- COVID-19 kills 107 more Iranians over past 24 hours: Official IRNA 14 Jun 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 107 more Iranians have died of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 8,837.
- Rouhani urges Iranians to help tackle economic fallout from virus Press TV 14 Jun 2020 -- President Hassan Rouhani has called on the Iranian nation to seriously participate in efforts aimed at resolving economic problems caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Ministry of Health: 4233 New COVID-19 Cases Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 14 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 4233 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 127541 cases, including 41849 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1855 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable. As many as 2172 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 84720.
- Brazil Registers 850,514 Confirmed Cases and 42,720 Deaths of New Coronavirus SPA 14 Jun 2020 -- Brazil has registered 850,514 confirmed cases of new coronavirus and the total death toll reached 42,720, Reuters cited the Ministry of Health as saying on Saturday.
- Brazil Moves Past Britain, Becoming Country with 2nd Highest COVID Deaths VOA 14 Jun 2020 -- Brazil has moved past Britain to become the country with the second-highest COVID-19 death toll. The South American country's death tally early Sunday was 42,720, while Britain's was 41,747, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- COVID-19 restrictions preventing Australian flu deaths Global Times 14 Jun 2020 -- The Australian Medical Association (AMA) said on Saturday that measures introduced to prevent the spread of COVID-19 such as social distancing and travel bans have led to a dramatic drop in flu cases.
- Chinese medical expert team visits COVID-19 epicenter in Palestine People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- A Chinese medical team on Saturday visited the West Bank city of Bethlehem, the epicenter of COVID-19 in Palestinian territories.
- South Sudan officials praise China's battle against COVID-19 People's Daily 14 Jun 2020 -- South Sudanese officials have applauded China's domestic and global efforts in the battle against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19: Putin Credits Unified Approach For 'Minimal Losses'; Iran Daily Deaths Exceed 100 For First Time In Two Months RFE/RL 14 Jun 2020 -- The global death toll from the coronavirus is more than 430,000 with more than 7.8 million infections confirmed, causing mass disruptions as governments continue to try to slow the spread of the respiratory illness.
- Mexico Reports 3,494 New Coronavirus Cases, MoH Says SPA 14 Jun 2020 -- Mexico's Ministry of Healthy reported 3,494 new confirmed coronavirus infections along with 424 additional fatalities on Saturday, bringing the total in the country to 142,690 cases and 16,872 deaths, Reuters reported.
- Top Congolese Opposition Member Dies of COVID-19 VOA 14 Jun 2020 -- A major Congolese politician and leading opposition member has died of COVID-19.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|