06 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Report: German Neo-Nazis Training At Russian Terrorist Camp RFE/RL 06 Jun 2020 -- German neo-Nazis are conducting paramilitary training with a Russian ultranationalist group at a camp near St. Petersburg, German magazine Focus reported on June 5.
- US, France Confirm Death of Key al-Qaida Emir in Africa VOA 06 Jun 2020 -- The United States says there is no doubt that the long-time leader of a key al-Qaida terror group affiliate in North Africa is dead.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 138 WHO 06 Jun 2020
- WHO Boosts Coronavirus Face Mask Recommendations VOA 06 Jun 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has changed its advice on face masks, saying they should be worn where COVID-19 is widespread and physical distancing is difficult.
- WHO recommends wider use of face masks to curb COVID-19 People's Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- "In light of evolving evidence, WHO advises that governments should encourage the general public to wear masks where there is widespread transmission and physical distancing is difficult."
- UN rights chief highlights disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on racial, ethnic minorities People's Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet said Tuesday that the alarming inequalities exposed by the COVID-19 outbreak are fueling the widespread protests affecting hundreds of cities across the United States.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 06 Jun 2020
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Announces Lowest Number of Hospitalizations and Deaths since Beginning of COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 06 Jun 2020
- China begins phase 1 clinical trials of neutralizing antibody treatment for COVID-19 Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- The Institute of Microbiology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences announced on Saturday that its application for fully human monoclonal antibody clinical trials for COVID-19 has been approved by the National Medical Products Administration, marking China's domestically produced COVID-19 antibody medicine entering into a clinical evaluation phase.
- Beijing lowers COVID-19 emergency response to third level People's Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- Beijing will lower its emergency response to the novel coronavirus epidemic from the second level to the third level starting from Saturday, a local official announced on Friday.
- UK COVID-19 deaths top 40,000 as another 357 patients die Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- Another 357 COVID-19 patients have died in Britain as of Thursday afternoon, bringing the total coronavirus-related death toll in the country to 40,261, the British Department of Health and Social Care said Friday.
- Greek Experts warn of COVID-19 Flare up as Tourism Gears up to Reopen VOA 06 Jun 2020 -- Greece is preparing to reopen to international tourism in the coming days, a move expected to bring in as many as 10 million travelers from several countries. The re-start is vital for the weak Greek economy that relies heavily on tourism. However, health officials fear tourism could fan a flare-up in COVID-19 and have grave repercussions for Greece, after a decade of financial recession.
- Russia Reports 8855 New Coronavirus Infections SPA 06 Jun 2020 -- Russia reported 8855 new infections of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, taking the nationwide tally of infections to 458,689 cases.
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 06 Jun 2020
- Pakistan's confirmed COVID-19 cases top 90,000 People's Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pakistan has risen to 93,983 with 1,935 deaths, according to the data updated by the country's health ministry Saturday morning.
- Official: 75 more Iranians die from COVID-19 over past 24 hours IRNA 06 Jun 2020 -- Head of Iranian Health Ministry's Public Relations Office Kianoush Jahanpour said on Saturday that 75 more Iranians have passed away from coronavirus (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths in the country to 8,209.
- 3121 New Confirmed Novel Covid-19 Cases Reported, Importance of Social Distancing Reasserted by KSA Ministry of Health SPA 06 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health reported here today 3121 new confirmed cases of novel Coronavirus, raising the toll in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) to 98,869 cases, with 26,402 active cases undergoing medical treatment but generally reassuring against 1484 in critical conditions, however 1175 new recoveries have been reported, too, raising the tally to 71,791 cases.
- No new cases of COVID-19 reported in Taiwan Saturday CNA 06 Jun 2020 -- Taiwan reported no new cases of the new coronavirus COVID-19 on Saturday, leaving the total number of cases at 443 since the outbreak emerged late last year, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Bolsonaro threatens to withdraw Brazil from WHO People's Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday threatened to withdraw Brazil from the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Bolsonaro Threatens to Follow in US Footsteps and Leave WHO Sputnik 06 Jun 2020 -- Earlier, US President Donald Trump cut ties with the World Health Organization after accusing the agency of having a "China-bias" amid the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
- Imprisoned Parliamentarians Worldwide at Risk From Coronavirus VOA 06 Jun 2020 -- The Inter-Parliamentary Union condemns the imprisonment of 43 Members of Parliament around the world, saying they lack legal recourse to attain justice. The IPU is focusing especially on MPs detained in overcrowded, cramped cells in Venezuela, Ivory Coast and Turkey. The IPU says they are at particular risk of infection from COVID-19 and should be released immediately.
- Africa's confirmed COVID-19 cases surpass 171,206: Africa CDC Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 positive cases across the African continent surpassed 171,206, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said Friday.
- COVID-19: Armenian Health-Care System Overwhelmed, PM Says; Hundreds Attend Book Fair In Moscow RFE/RL 06 Jun 2020 -- The global death toll from the coronavirus is more than 393,000 with more than 6.7 million infections confirmed, causing mass disruptions as governments continue to try to slow the spread of the new respiratory illness.
- Algeria Reports 115 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 06 Jun 2020 -- The Spokesperson of the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Follow up Committee in Algeria, Jamal Furar, announced here today, that 115 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, bringing the total number of infections to 10050.
- OIC Delivers Urgent Medical Aid to Afghanistan to Combat COVID-19 SPA 06 Jun 2020 -- The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) delivered today, at Kabul International Airport, urgent medical aid to Afghan Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Public Health, in order to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Sudan Reports 151 New COVID-19 Infections SPA 06 Jun 2020 -- Sudan reported 151 new cases of the novel Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, taking the total number to 5865 infections.
- Thousands of Australian Black Lives Matter Protestors Ignore COVID-19 Warnings VOA 06 Jun 2020 -- Ignoring warnings that mass protests could trigger spikes in COVID-19 cases, tens of thousands of people took to the streets across Australia Saturday in support of the Black Lives Matter movement following the death of an African American man after being restrained by a white policeman.
- Islamic State Deadlier Than COVID-19 in Parts of Iraq VOA 06 Jun 2020 -- With the spread of the novel coronavirus in Iraq and a recent spike in the number of registered cases, Iraqis have wondered how to compare the deadly new threat with a more familiar foe: Islamic State.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|