UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Homeland Security

Saudi Press Agency

Coronavirus' Developments Follow up Committee Held 73rd Meeting, 3765 Cases Recovered, in KSA

Saudi Press Agency

Saturday 1441/9/9 - 2020/05/02

Riyadh, May 2, 2020, SPA -- Coronavirus' Developments Follow up Committee held its 73rd meeting, under the chairmanship of the Minister of Health Dr. Taufiq bin Fozan Al-Rabiah, and reviewed the latest reports relating to the developments of Covid-19 pandemic, in addition to the virus spread situation, all over the world.

The committee underscored the importance of applying all precautionary measurements, at the entry crossings and consolidate them to combat the pandemic, praising the interaction of the public, especially as they are abiding by the curfew and further urged them to keep staying-at-home and not to go out except for the utmost exigency.

Following the meeting, the Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulali pointed out that new 1362 cases have been confirmed, Kingdom-wide, 249 in Madinah, 245 in Jeddah, 244 in Makkah, 161 in Riyadh, 126 in Dammam, 81 in Khobar and 80 in Jubail, in addition to other cases in other cities, raising the tally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to 25459 cases, with 21518 active cases still undergoing medical treatment, however their medical situations of almost all of them are reassuring, while there are 139 critical cases.

Out of the cases reported today, 9 per cent are Saudis who constituted 127 cases, in figures, and 91 percent for the Non-Saudis, or 1235 cases, he said, adding that gender-wise, 89 per cent cases are males and the remainder 11 per cent are females, which are in figures 1217 and 145, respectively, he stated.

The aged and the elder represent 2 per cent of the cases, followed by the children with 3 per cent and the adults 95 per cent, he elaborated, pointing out that the recovered are now 3765 cases, as new 210 cases have been added.

On the other hand, the death cases are 176 as seven cases have been added, in Makkah and Jeddah, and all of them are Non-Saudi nationals, with their ages ranging from 33 to 57 years old, and furthermore, almost all of them were contracting chronic and intractable diseases, he concluded.

21:00 LOCAL TIME 18:00 GMT

Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list