UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Homeland Security

Saudi Press Agency

Covid-19 Follow up Committee Holds its 66th Meeting, over 600,000 Self Assessments Run

Saudi Press Agency

Saturday 1441/9/2 - 2020/04/25

Riyadh, Apr 25, 2020, SPA -- Under the chairmanship of the Minister of Health Dr. Taufiq bin Fozan Al-Rabiah, the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Developments' Follow up Committee held its 66th meeting. During the meeting reports relating to the virus were discussed, in addition to review the pandemic situation, all over the world.

Reported cases in the Kingdom, also were highlighted, in order to be reassured of these cases health and be ascertained of continuation of applying precautionary measurements at the entry crossings and consolidating them, through taking preventive procedures to combat the spread of the pandemic.

The committee hailed the public abidance by the curfew order and reiterated calling them to keep staying at home, and not to go out except for utmost exigency.

Following the meeting, Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulali pointed out that the toll of Covid-19 reported cases is more than 2.8 million, with 796,000 cases of recovery and 197,000 deaths, all over the world.

Meanwhile, the toll of newly confirmed cases in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is 1197, with Makkah reporting 264 cases, Jeddah 271, Riyadh 160 and Madinah 120.

The total number of Covid-19 cases in the Kingdom stood now at 16299, including 13948 positive cases undergoing treatment, 115 are critically ill and the remainder is stable.

Percentage of the Saudis among the newly reported cases is 24% and the rest 76% is for the expatiates.

Al-Abdulali added that over 600,000 self-assessments have taken place through Maueid application, calling on the public to keep on abiding by all advices provided by the ministry, especially during the month of Ramadan, namely urging those who are experiencing chronic diseases and reiterating the significance of continuing social distancing, no shaking hands and regular hands washing.

He recommended anew that anyone who may undergo the symptoms or want to use the self-assessment service through Maueid application, inquire or seek consultancy, to call the ministry's call number: 937, working around the clock.

20:18 LOCAL TIME 17:18 GMT

Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list