07 March 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 47 WHO 07 March 2020
- WHO reports local transmission in more nations, warning COVID-19 unlikely to disappear in summer People's Daily 07 Mar 2020 -- l'Oise in north and Haut-Rhin near German borders -- will shut down for two weeks from Monday, while all gatherings will be limited "except those essential to social and democratic life."
- COVID-19: 'Sombre moment' as cases top 100,000 worldwide UN News 07 Mar 2020 -- A digitally-enhanced microscopic image shows a coronavirus infection in blue of the first case discovered in the United States.
- U.S. Marine Stationed in Virginia Tests Positive for COVID-19 DoD 07 Mar 2020
- Over 300 COVID-19 cases confirmed in U.S., with 21 new ones from California cruise ship People's Daily 07 Mar 2020 -- The total confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States have risen to over 330 by midnight Friday with 14 deaths, according to the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering, while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 213 cases and 11 fatalities as of 4 p.m. Friday (2100 GMT).
- Remarks by Vice President Pence in a Coronavirus Briefing with Cruise Line Executives and Port Directors | Ft. Lauderdale, FL The White House 07 Mar 2020
- Remarks by President Trump After Tour of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | Atlanta, GA The White House 07 Mar 2020
- 'Massive quarantine' over covid-19 is the 'best way:' NY governor Press TV 07 Mar 2020 -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has declared a state of emergency over the spread of Coronavirus, suggesting that "massive quarantine is the best way."
- US hospitals preparing for unprecedented coronavirus outbreak: Leaked document Press TV 07 Mar 2020 -- US hospitals are preparing for the worst as officials project a scenario involving 96 million Americans infected with the coronavirus which causes the disease known as COVID-19.
- US coronavirus death toll reaches 17, confirmed cases pass 300 Press TV 07 Mar 2020 -- US authorities reported 17 deaths from the coronavirus and 307 infections across the country as of Friday, with the state of Florida reporting the first death on the US East Coast.
- Washington DC Mayor Announces First Presumptive Positive Coronavirus Case Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- Mayor of Washington DC Muriel Bowser says the first presumptive positive case of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has been registered in the city.
- NY Governor Cuomo Declares State of Emergency Over Coronavirus Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- New York has witnessed a jump in the number of new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases recently, as 32 additional cases were identified in the state over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of people infected to 76.
- Rush Transcript: At Novel Coronavirus Briefing, Governor Cuomo Declares State of Emergency to Contain Spread of Virus New York State 07 Mar 2020
- California Releases Updated Guidance for Schools, Colleges & Large Public Events to Prepare and Protect Californians from COVID-19 California Department of Public Health 07 Mar 2020
- US European Command Confirms First COVID-19 Case Among Personnel Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The United States European Command confirmed on Saturday the first case of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) among US troops in Europe.
- Imported COVID-19 cases primary source of new infection in China: official data Global Times 07 Mar 2020 -- The imported COVID-19 cases have become the primary source of new infection in China as they accounted for around one third of the daily new cases on Friday, official data suggested Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 25 new COVID-19 cases outside Hubei People's Daily 07 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 25 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Friday outside Hubei Province, the epicenter of the outbreak, according to the National Health Commission Saturday.
- China's Hubei reports 74 new confirmed coronavirus cases People's Daily 07 Mar 2020 -- Hubei Province, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, reported 74 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, down 52 from Thursday, and 28 deaths on Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- 99 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection reported on Chinese mainland People's Daily 07 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Saturday it received reports of 99 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 28 deaths on Friday on the Chinese mainland.
- 1,678 recovered COVID-19 patients discharged on Chinese mainland March 6 People's Daily 07 Mar 2020 -- A total of 1,678 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospital after recovery Friday on the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Number of Coronavirus Cases in Mainland China Reaches 80,651, Death Toll Rises to 3,070 Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The outbreak of pneumonia caused by a new strain of coronavirus was first registered in the Chinese city of Wuhan, Hubei Province, and has since spread to more than 85 countries.
- China: Coronavirus Vaccine Could Be Ready for 'Emergency Use' in April VOA 07 Mar 2020 -- Weeks after its scientists released the sequence of the coronavirus, China says the first vaccines could be in "emergency use" next month.
- Greece Confirms 21 New Cases of Coronavirus, Total Number Reaches 66 Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- Greece confirmed 21 new cases of the coronavirus disease, officially known as COVID-19, on Saturday, while the total number of people infected with the virus reached 66, the Health Ministry said.
- Moldova Confirms First Case of Coronavirus in Country Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The first case of coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, was confirmed in Moldova on Saturday, the Health Ministry said, adding that a woman who returned from Italy tested positive for the virus.
- Second French Lawmaker Tests Positive for Coronavirus – Reports Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- A second member of the French parliament's lower house has tested positive for coronavirus, the BFMTV channel reported.
- France Confirms 949 COVID-19 Cases Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in France has reached 716, with 11 fatalities, the French health authorities said on Saturday.
- Leader of Italy's Co-Ruling Democratic Party Zingaretti Tests Positive for Coronavirus Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The death toll from the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Italy jumped from 49 to 157 on 5 March, with the total number of those infected exceeding 4,600, Angelo Borrelli, the head of the national Civil Protection Agency, said earlier this week.
- Malta Reports First Case of Coronavirus in 12-Year-Old Italian Girl – Health Minister Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The first coronavirus infection in Malta has been detected in an Italian teenager who lives in the country, Health Minister Chris Fearne said Saturday.
- Coronavirus Infections in Germany Rise by 45 to 684 Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The number of coronavirus cases in Germany rose by 45 since late Friday to 684 cases on Saturday, the Robert Koch Institute said in an updated situation report.
- Reports: Russian Tally Of Coronavirus Cases Rises To 17 RFE/RL 07 Mar 2020 -- Russian news agencies say four new cases of coronavirus have been identified, bringing the country's tally of confirmed cases to 17.
- Russia Registers 4 New COVID-19 Cases Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- Russia has four new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in people who recently returned from Italy, the Russian coronavirus response centre said on Saturday.
- WHO says very optimistic about Iran's anti-coronavirus fight, vows full support Press TV 07 Mar 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) says it will "provide all the support" to the Iranian government in its fight against the deadly novel coronavirus, expressing great optimism that the Islamic Republic will succeed in containing the disease.
- Iranian Lawmaker Dies After Contracting Coronavirus As Fatality Toll Hits 145 RFE/RL 07 Mar 2020 -- Iran's death toll from the coronavirus hit 145 on March 7 after another 21 people were confirmed to have died during the previous day, including a conservative lawmaker.
- Iran's Re-Elected Lawmaker Fatemeh Rahbar Dies From Coronavirus - Reports Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- A recently re-elected member of the Iranian parliament, Fatemeh Rahbar, has died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in one of the Tehran's hospitals, the Iranian Tasnim News Agency reported on Saturday.
- Number of Coronavirus Cases in South Korea Rises to 6,767, 44 Have Died Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- Outside of China, South Korea remains one of the countries most affected by the new coronavirus (COVID-19). The virus was first registered last December in China and has since spread to more than 80 countries worldwide.
- South Korea, Japan Butt Heads Over Coronavirus Prevention VOA 07 Mar 2020 -- After months of cooling tensions, Japan and South Korea may be on the verge of another row, this time, over the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- U.S. Raises Alert Level For Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan Over Virus Fears In Neighboring Iran RFE/RL 07 Mar 2020 -- The U.S. State Department has raised its alert level for Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan over steps taken by the countries in response to the global coronavirus crisis and the outbreak being seen in neighboring Iran.
- Number of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases in Bahrain Rises to 77 Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- The number of people infected with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bahrain has risen to 77, the Bahraini Health Ministry said on Saturday.
- Kuwait Suspends Flights to and From Several States For a Week Over Coronavirus Sputnik 07 Mar 2020 -- Kuwait has recently seen a rise in the number of cases of new coronavirus (COVID-19), which originated in the Chinese Hubei province last December and has since spread to more than 80 countries.
- Haiti Hospital Workers Say They Are Unprepared to Handle Coronavirus Patients VOA 07 Mar 2020 -- Employees at the government-run General Hospital in Haiti's capital, Port-au-Prince, fear the day when the first coronavirus patient checks in.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|