22 February 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 33 WHO 22 February 2020
- Taiwan raises travel alert for Japan, South Korea as virus cases soar CNA 22 Feb 2020 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Saturday upgraded its travel alert for Japan and South Korea to Level 2, advising travelers from Taiwan to take personal infection prevention measures while in those two countries, in view of a spike in novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases there.
- CECC outlines contingency plan for community spread of COVID-19 CNA 22 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday that it has planned a series of response measures, in the event that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to spread at the community level.
- COVID-19 origin could be natural or synthetic: NTU professor CNA 22 Feb 2020 -- A professor at National Taiwan University's (NTU) College of Public Health on Saturday waded into the highly contentious debate over the origins of the COVID-19 coronavirus, saying that the virus could indeed be synthetic, but that much more research is needed before a definitive conclusion can be reached.
- Taiwan identifies more people the 24th virus case had contact with CNA 22 Feb 2020 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday that it has identified more people who had contact with Taiwan's 24th confirmed case of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), a woman in her 60s, expanding its investigation to include 465 people, a greater number than before.
- Recovered COVID-19 patients in Wuhan must undergo another 14-day quarantine at designated locations Global Times 22 Feb 2020 -- Wuhan, the epicenter of novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19), is requiring all patients discharged from the hospitals to go to designated locations for another 14-day quarantine, as scientists fear the coronavirus may be more "cunning" and difficult to detect than previously expected.
- 18 out of 31 Chinese mainland regions report zero new infections Global Times 22 Feb 2020 -- The spread of novel coronavirus in Chinese mainland shows signs of further slowing down on Saturday as a record number of 18 provincial-level regions reported zero new infections.
- China's newly recovered coronavirus patients outnumber new infections for 4th consecutive day Global Times 22 Feb 2020 -- China's daily number of newly cured and discharged novel coronavirus patients has surpassed that of new confirmed infections for the fourth consecutive day, according to the National Health Commission Saturday.
- China to cooperate with Iran to defeat coronavirus IRNA 22 Feb 2020 -- China Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Saturday that China will cooperate with Iran to defeat coronavirus epidemic. He appreciated Iranian government aid to China in campaign against coronavirus epidemic.
- WHO warns window of opportunity to contain global spread of COVID-19 narrowing People's Daily 22 Feb 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday that the window of opportunity to contain wider worldwide spread of the COVID-19 epidemic is narrowing, urging the international community to act quickly before it completely closes.
- All coronavirus-infected patients discharged in China's plateau province People's Daily 22 Feb 2020 -- All coronavirus-infected patients in northwest China's Qinghai Province have been discharged from hospital as of Friday.
- Two more die in Iran of coronavirus as infections rise Press TV 22 Feb 2020 -- Two more people have died of coronavirus in Iran as authorities order week-long closures in major cities to prevent more infections.
- Coronavirus faces South Korea with dire situation Press TV 22 Feb 2020 -- The already exceptionally-high number of those affected with coronavirus in South Korea has doubled in just one day, facing the country with a "grave" situation.
- New virus cases as Iran minister warns against rumormongering Press TV 22 Feb 2020 -- The number of Iranian nationals infected with a new coronavirus has risen to 28 with five fatal cases, the Health Ministry says.
- U.S. Officials Link COVID-19 Disinformation Campaign To Russian Proxy Accounts RFE/RL 22 Feb 2020 -- Officials in the United States have said that thousands of Russia-linked social media accounts have launched a coordinated effort to spread alarm and misinformation about the COVID-19 crisis.
- Iran Reports More Coronavirus Deaths RFE/RL 22 Feb 2020 -- Iranian health officials have confirmed the fifth and sixth deaths from the coronavirus in the country.
- Saudi Arabia's Passports Bans Expatriates from Travelling to Iran SPA 22 Feb 2020 -- The General Directorate of Passports has announced the continuation of the suspension of travelling of citizens and expatriates to Iran, within the framework of the health procedures adopted in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to prevent the novel coronavirus infection.
- South Korea Announces New Coronavirus Cases VOA 22 Feb 2020 -- South Korea's prime minister said the coronavirus in his country had entered a "more grave stage" as new cases of the disease were reported Sunday.
- Coronavirus Surges in South Korea as Authorities Grapple With Response VOA 22 Feb 2020 -- The coronavirus continued to spread rapidly in South Korea on Saturday, with the country reporting its largest single-day spike in confirmed infections since the outbreak began.
- Spike in Iran Coronavirus Cases Raises Alarm VOA 22 Feb 2020 -- The head of the World Health Organization says he fears the increase in the number of cases of coronavirus in Iran could be a signal of worse things to come. Iran has reported 18 cases, including at least five deaths in the past two days.
- 14 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Italy People's Daily 22 Feb 2020 -- Fourteen new cases of the novel coronavirus have been confirmed in the northern Italian region of Lombardy, officials told a televised press conference Friday.
- China reports 397 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection, 109 new deaths People's Daily 22 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authority Saturday said it received reports of 397 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 109 deaths on Friday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
- Chinese hospitals discharge 20,659 recovered patients of coronavirus infection People's Daily 22 Feb 2020 -- A total of 20,659 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Friday, Chinese health authority said Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|