17 February 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 28 WHO 17 February 2020
- WHO Emergencies Press Conference on coronavirus disease outbreak - 17 February 2020 WHO
- Unusual COVID-19 cases discovered in Henan, infection sources unknown, showing strong contagiosity Global Times 17 Feb 2020 -- Two unusual COVID-19 cases were reported in Xinxian county in Central China's Henan Province on Sunday, which shows strong contagiosity and whose sources of infection could not be determined.
- Health minister : No positive coronavirus case in Iran IRNA 17 Feb 2020 -- Iranian Minister of Health Saeed Namaki said there is no positive case of coronavirus epidemic in Iran, adding that 36 borders are being controlled 24/7.
- WHO-China expert team begins coronavirus field inspections People's Daily 17 Feb 2020 -- A joint expert team consisting of experts from China and the World Health Organization Monday began field inspections on the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus outbreak, a Chinese health official said Monday.
- China deserves appreciation for efforts, sacrifices in fighting epidemic: WHO chief People's Daily 17 Feb 2020 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Saturday met with the World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus here on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference.
- China sends over 30,000 medics to aid in battle against COVID-19 in Wuhan People's Daily 17 Feb 2020 -- China has dispatched more than 30,000 medical staff, including elite medical groups, to assist in the fight against the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in the epicenter Wuhan, Guo Yanhong, an official with the National Health Commission, said Monday.
- China reports 2,048 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection, 105 new deaths People's Daily 17 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authority Monday said it received reports of 2,048 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 105 deaths on Sunday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
- China using plasma from recovered patients to treat coronavirus Press TV 17 Feb 2020 -- Chinese doctors are using infusions of blood plasma from people who have recovered from the coronavirus to treat the critically ill patients still battling the disease.
- Death Toll From Coronavirus in Mainland China Reaches 1,868, Over 72,400 Infected Sputnik 17 Feb 2020 -- An outbreak of pneumonia caused by a new strain of coronavirus originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan last December and has since spread to more than 20 countries around the world.
- Death Toll From Coronavirus in Mainland China Reaches 1,770 - Health Commission Sputnik 17 Feb 2020 -- The death toll from the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has gone up to 1,770 in mainland China, with the total number of registered cases standing at 70,548 according to the country's National Health Commission.
- China: Covid-19 Not as Deadly as Other Coronaviruses VOA 17 Feb 2020 -- China has published new data on more than 44,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19, which show the disease is not as deadly as previous coronaviruses including SARS and MERS. The World Health Organization reports more than 70,000 cases, including 1,772 deaths, mostly from China's Hubei province, where the outbreak first surfaced. Cases in 25 countries outside China have increased slightly to 694, including three deaths, one each in the Philippines, Japan and France.
- Over 70% of Taiwan-China flights canceled over coronavirus CNA 17 Feb 2020 -- Over 70 percent of flights across the Taiwan Strait and on the Taiwan-Macau and Taiwan-Hong Kong routes have been canceled over the past week, according to the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA).
- No community-level transmission of coronavirus in Taiwan: VP CNA 17 Feb 2020 -- There is no community-level transmission of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Taiwan, despite the nation reporting its first death from the virus Sunday, Vice President Chen Chien-jen (陳建仁), an epidemiologist by profession, said Monday.
- 2 more confirmed coronavirus cases reported in Taiwan CNA 17 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan reported two more confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) to bring the number to 22 since the outbreak began, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Taiwan adds two novel coronavirus infection cases with first death Global Times 17 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan confirmed two new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number to 20, and reported the first death caused by the epidemic, the island's epidemic monitoring agency said Sunday.
- Malaysia: Second Test Confirms Virus in Ship Passenger Cleared by Cambodia Radio Free Asia 17 Feb 2020 -- A second test confirmed that an elderly American woman, who had traveled on a cruise ship allowed to dock in Cambodia, was accurately diagnosed with the coronavirus upon arriving in Kuala Lumpur on a flight from Phnom Penh, Malaysia's deputy prime minister said Sunday.
- Joint Statement by U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Repatriation of American Passengers from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship US Dept. of State 17 Feb 2020 -- "On February 16, the U.S. State Department facilitated the voluntary repatriation of over 300 U.S. citizens and their immediate family members who had been passengers on the Diamond Princess cruise ship. Passengers were evaluated by medical personnel from the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and all were deemed asymptomatic and fit to fly before being processed for evacuation."
- On the Repatriation of U.S. Citizens from the Princess Diamond Cruise Ship US Dept. of State 17 Feb 2020 -- Special Briefing
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|