11 February 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 22 WHO 11 February 2020
- WHO Emergencies Press Conference on novel coronavirus - 11 February 2020 WHO
- Meeting of top scientists underway to slow coronavirus spread UN News 11 Feb 2020 -- Deaths from the coronavirus epidemic have surpassed 1,000, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed on Tuesday, as hundreds of health experts began meeting at its headquarters in Geneva to help halt the spread of the disease, now officially known as COVID-19.
- Outbreak may peak in mid or late-February: epidemiologist Global Times 11 Feb 2020 -- China vows to win the battle against the coronavirus while the epicenter of the disease has now entered a critical stage amid this people's war against the epidemic, forcing local authorities to deal with a management crisis and respond to public discontent discontent more efficiently.
- Central govt officials scold Wuhan officials for sloppiness Global Times 11 Feb 2020 -- Central government officials have summoned those from Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP) outbreak, for talks, following the latest incident in which local officials failed to fulfill their duties when transferring a batch of coronavirus patients to a designated hospital, reflecting the central government's determination to hold all those officials accountable for slackness and misconduct amid the epidemic.
- Lawmakers amend law to further ban wildlife eating, trading amid epidemic Global Times 11 Feb 2020 -- The ongoing novel coronavirus epidemic has renewed motivations to ban eating and trading wild animals in China.
- Cases show incubation period of 2019-nCoV longer than 14 days Global Times 11 Feb 2020 -- Fresh evidence is suggesting that the incubation period of the novel coronavirus in China could be longer than previously suggested 14 days, likely reaching up to 24 days in some cases.
- New infections of novel coronavirus drop for 7th consecutive day outside Hubei People's Daily 11 Feb 2020 -- China's new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus pneumonia outside Hubei Province, where the epicenter city of Wuhan is located, has been dropping for seven consecutive days, according to the National Health Commission (NHC).
- China to amend law on wildlife protection: official People's Daily 11 Feb 2020 -- China's top legislature will amend the law on the protection of wildlife this year in an effort to fight the novel coronavirus outbreak, an official said Monday.
- Fears Grow That Coronavirus May be Spreading Locally in Hong Kong Radio Free Asia 11 Feb 2020 -- Authorities in Hong Kong evacuated several families from an apartment block in the city's Tsing Yi district on Tuesday, as the government warned people to stay home amid fears of a full-blown community outbreak of coronavirus.
- China Removes Two Hubei Officials Amid Public Anger Over Epidemic Radio Free Asia 11 Feb 2020 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party said on Tuesday it has removed two high-ranking health officials from the central province of Hubei as the death toll in the coronavirus epidemic passed 1,000.
- Ngaba Authorities Pay for Information on Attempts to Evade Coronavirus Controls Radio Free Asia 11 Feb 2020 -- Authorities in a Tibetan-populated county in Sichuan are offering rewards for information helping to contain the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus, whose death toll in mainland China has now topped 1,000, according to an official announcement.
- China Virus Deaths Top 1,000, Senior Chinese Officials 'Removed' RFE/RL 11 Feb 2020 -- China has "removed" a number of senior officials over their handling of a novel respiratory virus, state media reported, as the death toll reached more than 1,000.
- Xi Focus: Xi vows to win people's war against novel coronavirus PLA Daily 11 Feb 2020 -- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, on Monday stressed resolutely winning the people's war against pneumonia epidemic caused by the novel coronavirus.
- Beijing strengthens lockdown of residential communities for epidemic control Global Times 11 Feb 2020 -- Beijing authorities on Monday rolled out more measures to further lock down residential communities to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Dozens of households evacuated after 2 coronavirus cases found in same building in Hong Kong Global Times 11 Feb 2020 -- Beijing authorities on Monday rolled out more measures to further lock down residential communities to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Taiwan extends highest travel warning to HK, Macau over epidemic CNA 11 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Tuesday extended its highest travel warning to Hong Kong and Macau while raising the alert level for Singapore and Thailand as the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan, continues to spread around the world.
- Hospitals, clinics get face mask relief amid dwindling supplies CNA 11 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan's hospitals and clinics began receiving an additional 850,000 medical grade face masks a day on Tuesday to help rebuild depleted stocks amid coronavirus fears that have led to government rationing of the masks.
- Work to Check Novel Coronavirus Infection Brisk in DPRK KCNA 11 Feb 2020 -- The work to check the novel coronavirus infection is going on in the DPRK.
- Vietnam Confirms 15th Coronavirus Case as Export Fallout Worries Grow Radio Free Asia 11 Feb 2020 -- Vietnam's Ministry of Health Tuesday confirmed the country's 15th case of novel coronavirus on Tuesday, while the fishing and tourist industries in China's populous Southeast Asian neighbor expressed concern about the economic impact of a prolonged outbreak.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|