10 February 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- DOD Has Enduring Role in Election Defense DoD News 10 Feb 2020 -- Voting has begun for the 2020 presidential election primary season – but it's not the beginning of the U.S. government's defense against foreign interference and influence in our elections.
- Chinese Military Personnel Charged with Computer Fraud, Economic Espionage and Wire Fraud for Hacking into Credit Reporting Agency Equifax US Dept. of Justice 10 Feb 2020 -- Indictment Alleges Four Members of China's People's Liberation Army Engaged in a Three-Month Long Campaign to Steal Sensitive Personal Information of Nearly 150 Million Americans
- Attorney General William P. Barr Announces Indictment of Four Members of China's Military for Hacking into Equifax US Dept. of Justice 10 Feb 2020
- US Charges Chinese Military Officers With 2017 Equifax Hack VOA 10 Feb 2020 -- Four members of the Chinese military have been charged with hacking U.S. credit reporting giant Equifax in 2017 and stealing the personal data of nearly half of all Americans, U.S. law enforcement officials announced on Monday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 21 WHO 10 February 2020
- WHO Emergencies Press Conference on novel coronavirus - 10 February 2020 WHO
- Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 1,000 VOA 10 Feb 2020 -- The coronavirus death toll in China has hit an unhappy milestone, topping 1,000 after the center of the outbreak, Hubei province, reported another 103 deaths Monday.
- Coronavirus containment is the key, as infections tick up: Tedros UN News 10 Feb 2020 -- Governments should continue to treat containment of the coronavirus as a priority, the head of the UN health agency, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said on Monday.
- Taiwan mulling channeling more masks to medical workers, patients CNA 10 Feb 2020 -- The government is mulling whether to prioritize more of its supply of surgical face masks to hospital workers and people with chronic diseases now that Taiwan's daily mask production has increased from the previous 3.2 million to 4 million.
- Taiwan to extend suspension of tours to China until end of April CNA 10 Feb 2020 -- The suspension of all Taiwanese tours to China or tours transiting through China to another destination will be extended to the end of April as the number of coronavirus cases there continues to surge, the Tourism Bureau said Monday.
- Incubation period of novel coronavirus as long as 24 days: study CNA 10 Feb 2020 -- A new study on the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which analyzed about 1,000 confirmed patients in China, concludes that the incubation period of the virus can be as long as 24 days.
- Taiwan bans entry of most Hong Kong, Macau residents over coronavirus CNA 10 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan will temporarily close it borders to most residents of Hong Kong and Macau, starting Tuesday, as part of its efforts to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Monday.
- Asymptomatic transmission of Wuhan virus 'almost certain': expert CNA 10 Feb 2020 -- It is "almost certain" that patients infected with the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) can be infectious even if they do not have symptoms, which might make controlling the virus much harder, a Taiwanese epidemiologist said Monday.
- WHO inspection team to work with Chinese counterparts on virus control: NHC Global Times 10 Feb 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has sent a team of international experts to China to work with Chinese counterparts on prevention and control of the novel coronavirus epidemic, and the advance team is scheduled to arrive in Beijing on Monday, the Chinese health commission said.
- Wuhan wages total war at novel coronavirus pneumonia outbreak Global Times 10 Feb 2020 -- Wuhan, capital of Central China's Hubei Province and the epicenter of the novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP) outbreak, has sounded the horn of total war to combat the epidemic, as more than 16,000 public service servants and college teachers have been mobilized to help carpet screen the city to make sure timely and concentrated admission and treatment of all patients needing medical assistance.
- Second makeshift hospital in epicenter Wuhan delivered, put into operation People's Daily 10 Feb 2020 -- China's second makeshift hospital to battle against the novel coronavirus in epicenter Wuhan on Feb. 6 completed acceptance testing by the city's urban construction department and health commission after 10 days of construction.
- Coronavirus infected 27 foreigners in China, 2 dead: Beijing Press TV 10 Feb 2020 -- China says dozens of foreigners in the country have been infected with the coronavirus, two of whom have died, as the total death toll from the epidemic inside the country is approaching 1,000.
- Xi Jinping Dons Face Mask as Beijing Residents Are Told to Stay Home Radio Free Asia 10 Feb 2020 -- Authorities in the Chinese capital placed heavy restrictions on the movements of the city's 21 million residents on Monday, as President Xi Jinping appeared in public wearing a face mask.
- China Detains, Harasses Journalist, Academics Over Reports, Comments on Coronavirus Radio Free Asia 10 Feb 2020 -- Chinese citizen journalist and lawyer Chen Qiushi is incommunicado, believed detained, after reporting from the front line of the coronavirus epidemic in the central city of Wuhan.
- Seven Detained in Tibet For 'Spreading Rumors' on the Coronavirus Threat Radio Free Asia 10 Feb 2020 -- Chinese authorities in Tibet have cracked down on online discussions of the rising number of infections from China's coronavirus, detaining seven people in Tibet's Chamdo prefecture on charges of spreading rumors and misinformation, according to state media and other sources.
- China Virus Deaths Exceed 900 As Infected Ukrainian Taken Off Cruise Ship RFE/RL 10 Feb 2020 -- The number of deaths on mainland China from a new coronavirus originating there increased to 908, authorities announced on February 10.
- Party members 'pioneers' in outbreak battle Global Times 10 Feb 2020 -- During the difficult fight against the novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP), some foreign forces have constantly tried to find and exaggerate the mistakes and imperfections of the Chinese political system and attempted to portray the crisis as a failure of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
- China braces for work restart Global Times 10 Feb 2020 -- Fully gear up, keep a certain distance in the subway and canteens, check body temperature before entering the office building and less talk when lining up… Chinese people found out their work style has completely changed after the extended Spring Festival holidays while the spread of coronavirus has reshaped their lives and more people are struggling to pull through the difficult time.
- Coronavirus Kills Income of North Korean Traders in China and Workers Inside North Korea Radio Free Asia 10 Feb 2020 -- North Korean traders stationed in China and working people depending on local markets in North Korean cities are finding it difficult to make ends meets as the novel coronavirus (mCoV) epidemic spreads, RFA has learned.
- China reports 3,062 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 97 new deaths People's Daily 10 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authorities Monday said it received reports of 3,062 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 97 deaths on Sunday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
- Chinese hospitals discharge 3,281 recovered patients of coronavirus infection People's Daily 10 Feb 2020 -- A total of 3,281 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Sunday, Chinese health authorities announced Monday.
- China's mask production recovering as work resumption quickens People's Daily 10 Feb 2020 -- China's mask production capacity is recovering steadily as producers race to resume production in full gear to ensure enough supply for control of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Daily novel coronavirus pneumonia cases further drop outside epicenter province People's Daily 10 Feb 2020 -- China's new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus pneumonia outside Hubei Province, where the epicenter city of Wuhan is located, has been dropping for six consecutive days, according to the National Health Commission.
- Cities await travel peak amid outbreak Global Times 10 Feb 2020 -- Newly released travel data suggests that work and mass transit will not rebound fully into life on Monday, the date originally set for economic activity to recommence across China and an indication that the novel coronavirus has delayed millions of return trips from the extended Spring Festival holiday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|