19 January 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese Health Officials Report Huge Spike in Cases of New Virus VOA 19 Jan 2020 -- Chinese health officials in the central city of Wuhan confirmed 136 new cases of a new coronavirus – a huge spike – over the past three days.
- China Reports 136 New Coronavirus Cases Over the Weekend VOA 19 Jan 2020 -- Chinese health officials in Wuhan report 136 new cases of a newly confirmed coronavirus in the past three days, bringing the total number of cases of the potentially deadly virus to nearly 200.
- Wuhan virus preventable, controllable: commission Global Times 19 Jan 2020 -- The National Health Commission (NHC) said Sunday that the pneumonia in Wuhan, capital of Central China's Hubei Province, caused by a new type of coronavirus was still "preventable and controllable," as public voices called for more open and transparent information amid anxiety of expanding transmission during the Spring Festival travel rush.
- China's Wuhan reports 17 new pneumonia cases Global Times 19 Jan 2020 -- Central Chinese city of Wuhan reported 17 new coronavirus-related pneumonia cases Friday, local health authorities said Sunday.
- New Tech, Sharp Docs Made Fast ID of Wuhan Coronavirus Possible VOA 19 Jan 2020 -- The new virus emerging from a live animal market in southern China has worrisome echoes of severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, which killed 774 people worldwide in 2002 and 2003.
- Passengers on Wuhan Flights Shrug at 'Temperature and a Form' Screenings VOA 19 Jan 2020 -- U.S. health officials began screening at three airports – here, Los Angeles and New York – of passengers traveling from Wuhan, a city in central China, where a viral pneumonia has spread.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|