17 January 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- DOD Background Briefing on International Military Student Review DoD 17 Jan 2020 -- Senior Defense Officials
- Pentagon Placing New Restrictions on International Military Students VOA 17 Jan 2020 -- The Pentagon is placing new restrictions on all international military students at American bases in response to a December shooting by a Saudi trainee that killed three sailors in Florida.
- Statement by Director of Defense Intelligence Garry Reid DoD 17 Jan 2020 -- On January 13th of 2020, the attorney general announced the results of the Department of Justice investigation of the December 6th, 2019, attack at Naval Air Station Pensacola that resulted in the death of three U.S. service members and the wounding of eight other Americans. The evidence shows that the shooter was motivated by jihadist ideology, and the Department of Justice concluded that this was an act of terrorism.
- DOJ Finds Pensacola Attack 'Act of Terrorism;' New Rules for Foreign Military Students DoD News 17 Jan 2020 -- The results of a Justice Department investigation into the Dec. 6 attack at Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida, were released this week and investigators have declared the attack was an act of terrorism.
- Second Person in China Dies After Exposure to Mysterious Virus Sputnik 17 Jan 2020 -- An unknown strain of a viral pneumonia was reported in Wuhan in early January. Those infected reportedly display symptoms typical of pneumonia and other acute respiratory diseases. The outbreak was confirmed to be a new type of coronavirus last week.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|