UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)

Iran Press TV

13 Syrians killed, 25 injured in Israeli aggression on Damascus countryside

Iran Press TV

Friday, 28 November 2025 8:42 AM

At least 13 Syrian people have been killed and more than two dozen others injured in Israeli strikes on the countryside of the capital Damascus amid the occupying regime's heightened incursions on the Arab country since the fall of former president Bashar al-Assad and the rule of the Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) militants.

The casualties, as the Syrian TV reported on Friday, took place in an overnight Israeli attack by helicopters and drones on the town of Beit Jinn in the Damascus suburbs after Israeli forces entered the town and were surrounded by local residents, prompting the outbreak of gunfire and confrontations.

"The helicopters of the occupation army and its artillery shelled Beit Jinn, located on the foothills of Mount Hermon, southwest of Damascus, resulting in 13 martyrs and wounding 25 civilians," the report said, falling short of specifying the number of the injured and the scope of damage.

The Syrian News Channel — Al-Ikhbariyah Syria — confirmed that the attack coincided with Israeli soldiers entering the town of Beit Jinn as the surrounding areas were being shelled by the regime's artillery.

The news outlet underlined that the shelling came after clashes between local residents and a patrol of the Israeli occupation army that penetrated the southern town and "kidnapped" three young men.

Having been engaged in a two-hour fierce exchange of fire, the Israeli soldiers were forced to withdraw from Beit Jinn and reposition on the hill of Butt al-Warda on the outskirts of the town.

Israeli media acknowledged that six of the regime's forces were wounded in the armed clashes, including three seriously, saying the occupation army was subjected to a "sudden ambush" that confused the soldiers and led to the intervention of additional reserve units along with warplanes in an attempt to open a safe passage.

The Israeli media declined to provide further details of the aggression on Beit Jinn, which has been witnessing a surge in the displacement of locals and movement towards neighboring villages following Israel's frequent acts of aggression.

The violent raid came a day after Israeli forces carried out a new ground incursion into Umm al-Luqas village in the countryside of the southwestern city of Quneitra.

The official SANA news agency said that an Israeli unit of four vehicles entered the village, raided houses, and then withdrew.

Syria has condemned the repeated Israeli incursions as violation of the 1974 Disengagement Agreement and UN resolutions and called on the international community to enforce compliance and ensure the occupying entity withdraws fully and adheres to the agreement.

Israel has conducted repeated acts of aggression across the Syrian territory following the collapse of Assad's government last year. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered his forces to push deeper into Syrian territory and seize several strategic locations.

Instead of resistance to the ongoing Israeli military operations, the HTS-led regime's lack of action and its normalization overtures to Tel Aviv appear to have given Israel greater leeway to expand its occupation and increase the intensity of its airstrikes.

Foreign-backed militants, led by HTS - a group that was previously affiliated with the al-Qaeda terrorist group - took control of Damascus and declared an end to Assad's rule last December.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list