Biography of Mostafa Mohammad Najar for post of defense minister
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, Aug 14, IRNA
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday introduced member of Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Mostafa Mohammad Najar as a nominee for the post of minister of defense and armed forces logistics.
Najar's biography is as follows:
Born in Iranian year of 1335 (1956), he got his B.S. in mechanical engineering (designing of solid materials) from Khajeh Nassir eddin Tousi and M.A. in executive administration with major of strategic administration from Organization of Industrial Management (OIM).
1. He has been a member of IRGC since establishment of the body in 1980.
2. Director of Cooperatives of IRGC since 1981 for medical services, social volunteers, housing and sports.
3. Director of strategic studies on Middle East (Lebanon, Palestine, and the Persian Gulf states) who visited the entire region.
4. Director of logistical center of Imam Ali (AS), and Shahid Rajaei Technical Support Institute.
5. Director of Hadid Industrial Group (IRGC's first military hardware manufacturing company) founded by former defense minister Shahid Mostafa Chamran.
6. Deputy director of IRGC military hardware including Hadid and Fajr industrial group in Shiraz.
7. Member of Board of Directors of Organization of Defense Industry.
8. Chairman of the executive board of Sasad Ammunition Producing Group in Tehran, Parchin, Isfahan. Khorasan and Yazd.
9. He got a certificate of merit for production.
He will be appointed to the portfolio of ministry of defense and Armed Forces Logistics if majority of 290 representatives vote for him.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|