Complexes 1 & 2
These complexes located in the southern area of the CCAS were constructed for the SNARK winged missile program, and supported some MATADOR combat training launches in the 1950s. The Air Force accepted the sites in 1953, and the complexes continued to support SNARK launches through 05 December 1960. Both pads served as helicopter pads for the MERCURY program in the early 1960s, and both complexes supported tethered aerostat (balloon) programs from 1983 through 1989. These sites are currently inactive.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|