107 Squadron - Knights of the Orange Tail
As of July 2005, the 107 squadron was scheduled to begin flying F-16I aircraft out of the IAF base at Ramon but had not yet moved to the base. The 107 squadron was formed in January 1953 as was originally composed of more than a dozen Spitfire aircraft based at Ramat David airfield. The squadron was disbanded in 1954, but was reformed during the early 1960s with several Meteor aircraft received from the 117 squadron. In 1971, the 107 squadron became the fourth F-4E squadron in the Israeli Air Force.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|