Find a Security Clearance Job!

Military


50th Area Support Group

The 927th Corps Support Battalion with two General/Direct Support Maintenance Companies, formerly assigned to the 83rd Troop Command as of 1996, was apparently subsquently re-assigned to the 50th Area Support Group.

The 50th Area Support Group was constituted on 5 July 1946 in the Florida National Guard as Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 211th Infantry, an element of the 51st Infantry Division. it organized and was Federally recognized on 17 December 1946 at Miami. It consolidated on 15 April 1959 with the Service Company, 211th Infantry (organized and Federally recognized on 15 April 1947 at Miami), and the consolidated unit was reorganized and redesignated as the Combat Support Company, 1st Battle Group, 211th Infantry.

It converted and was redesignated on 15 April 1963 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery 164th Artillery Group, and was relieved from assignment to the 51st Infantry Division. it consolidated on 1 May 1963 with Brigade Headquarters, 55th Operational Headquarters, and the consolidated unit was designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 164th Artillery Group.

The 55th Operational Headquarters was constituted on 5 July 1946 in the Florida National Guard as Headquarters Company, 211th Infantry, an element of the 51st Infantry Division. It organized and was Federally recognized on 14 November 1946 at Miami. It consolidated on 15 April 1959 with part of the Medical Company, 211th Infantry (organized and Federally recognized on 11 March 1948 at Miami), and the consolidated unit was reorganized and redesignated as Headquarters Company, 1st Battle Group, 211th Infantry. The unit converted and was redesignated on 15 February 1963 as the Brigade Headquarters, 55th Operational Headquarters, and was relieved from assignment to the 51st Infantry Division.

The 164th Artillery Group was reorganized and redesignated on 3 January 1972 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 227th Field Artillery Group. It was redesignated on 9 May 1978 as Headquarters and Hl 1959 Headquarters Battery, 227th Field Artillery Brigade.

The unit converted and was redesignated on 1 October 1988 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 50th Support Group. It relocated on 1 September 1997 to Homestead.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list