3rd Chemical Brigade
The mission of the 3rd Chemical Brigade is to train disciplined, confident, motivated, fit, values based, technically and tactically proficient, combat-ready soldiers and leaders for world-wide assignment capable of immediately contributing positively to their unit.
The unit provides command, control, administration, training, and logistics for the 82nd Chemical Battalion, the 84th Chemical Battalion, the 58th Transportation Battalion, and the Chemical Defense Training Facility.
The 3rd Chemical Brigade was originally constituted on 1 January 1942 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Separate Chemical Battalion, and activated at Fort Benning, GA.
The unit was reorganized and re-designated on 11 March 1945 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Chemical Mortar Battalion. It inactivated on 2 January 1946 at Camp Patrick Henry, VA.
The unit reactivated on 18 September 1950 at Fort Bragg, NC, and inactivated there on 5 February 1953. The unit disbanded on 20 September 1989.
The unit was reconstituted on 1 October 1999 in the Regular Army, and was concurrently re-designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3rd Chemical Brigade, transferred to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, and activated at Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|