Project 1134.2 Berkut-B / Kara class
Guided Missile Destroyer
The Russian Navy Ochakov Kara-class destroyer was sunk to blockade the Ukrainian Navy ships deployed in Novoozerne. The RF ships blocking the Ukrainian ships in Donuszlav lake left the zone at 23.30 p.m. (05 March 2014). Then, the Russian military towed and put in the navigating channel their ship Ochakov. They filled her with water. Then, there was some explosion. Therefore, the Ukrainian ships cannot leave the Donuzlav lake. A lot of time and costs would be needed to refloat this ship. The depth in this area is 9-11 m, it is possible to observe the upper part of the ship. It is apparent that the ship had been inactive for some period of time.
The Kara-class was a further development of the the Kresta-II design, with gas-turbines replacing the steam plants of the previous classes, resulting in major modifications to the layout of the midships section. Although larger than the Kresta-II cruiser and with significant anti-air and anti-submarine capabilities, these ships are classified as destroyers rather than cruisers by the Russian Navy.There is considerable disagreement among various sources as to the construction chronology of the units of this class. The fourth unit was modified during construction as a test ship for the SA-N-6 SAM system, which replaced the aft SA-N-3 SAM system. Sources disagree as to the current status of this unit.
As of 2004, only one ship [the Kerch, which was the Russian Black Fleet flagship until 1997] remained in service. At that time the ship had just completed a four year refit, during which time there were questions as to whether it was deployable.
Kerch or Kertch, a seaport of S. Russia, in the government of Taurida, on the Strait of Kerch or Yenikale, 60 m. E.N.E. of Theodosia, in 45° 21' N. and 36° 30' E. Pop. (1897), 31,702. It stands on the site of the ancient Panticapaeum, and, like most towns built by the ancient Greek colonists in this part of the world, occupies a beautiful situation, clustering round the foot and climbing up the sides of the hill (called after Mithradates) on which stood the ancient citadel or acropolis. Archaeologically Kerch is of particular interest, the kurgans or sepulchral mounds of the town and vicinity having yielded a rich variety of the most beautiful works of art. Since 1825 a large number of tombs have been opened. In the Altun or Zolotai-oba (Golden Mound) was found a great stone vault similar in style to an Egyptian pyramid; and within, among many objects of minor note, were golden dishes adorned with griffins and beautiful arabesques.
Under the Turks, whose rule dates from the end of the 15th century, Kerch was a military port; and as such it plays a part in the Russo-Turkish wars. Captured by the Russians under Dolgorukov in 1771, it was ceded to them along with Yenikale by the peace of Kuchuk-Kainarji, and it became a centre of Russian naval activity. Its importance was greatly impaired by the rise of Odessa and Taganrog; and in 1820 the fortress was dismantled. Kerch suffered severely during the Crimean War.
As of early 2001 work slowly continued at Sevastopol on the Ochakov, which had not operated since the early 1990s. In mid-2008 the official newspaper of the Russian Black Sea Fleet (BSF) reported that the large anti-submarine ship (BPK) "Ochakov", which had just finished repairs, could become the flagship of the BSF instead of the cruiser "Moskva". "This project 1134B BPK (Kara class), designed more than 40 years ago, had entered the 21st Century with a millennial overhaul with the aim of extending its service life 15-20 years. This is an unprecedented event for the fleet." Intermediate repairs began at the end of the 1980s, however, with the breakup of the Soviet Union, they were never finished. Additionally a serious fire in 1993 significantly complicated the technical condition of the "Ochakov".
Ochakov, a fortified town and port of Russia, in the government of Kherson, 41 m. E. of Odessa, on a cape of the Black Sea, at the entrance to the estuary of the Dnieper, and opposite to Kinburn. Pop. (1897), 10,784. Strong fortifications have been built at Ochakov and on the Kinburn promontory, to protect the entrance to the Dnieper. Ochakov stands close to the site of the old Miletan (Greek) colony of Olvia and the Greek colony of Alektor. The fortress of Kara-kerman or Ozu-kaleh was built on this spot by the khan of the Crimea, Mengli Girai, in 1492. At a later date it became the center of a Turkish province which included Khaji-dereh (Ovidiopol), Khaji-bey (Odessa), and Dubossary, as well as some 150 villages. Russia, regarding it as the main obstacle to the possession of the Black Sea littoral, besieged it in 1737, when it was captured by Marshal Miinnich, but in the following year it was abandoned, and in 1739 restored to Turkey. The second siege by Russia was begun in 1788, and lasted six months, until the fortress was stormed and taken, after a terrible loss of life. By the peace of 1791 it became Russian. In 1855 it was bombarded by the Anglo-French fleet, and after that the Russians demolished the fortifications.
Seven vessels of this class were built. Both surviving Kara-class destroyers, having undergone extensive refits in the 2004 timeframe, might be expected to remain in service through the 2020 timeframe, but they are rather elderly designs, consigned to the low-threat Black Sea environment. One source reports that only the RFS Kerch remained in service as of 2006, having been largely eclipsed by the newer Udaloy class destroyer. The Ochakov remained nominally on the active list, but had not been to sea in many years, its repair budget diverted to maintain Kerch.
The positive experience of the mastery of gas-turbine units aboard the ships of Project 61, and also the potential possibilities of their producer - Southern- turbine plant ([YUTZ]), officially available [NPO] "Zarya" - from one side, and at the same time the overloading of the main producer of steam turbines for the surface ships - Kirov plant in Leningrad - with another, almost unambiguously prompted or dictated the solution about one additional correction of project 1134 "Golden Eagles", now already under another power engineering - gas-turbine.
The design of the gas-turbine version BPK, which received the number of project 1134- B (chief designer and main observing they remained before - [V].[F].[Anikiev] and the captain of 2 ranks Of [o].[T].[Safronov]) was conducted practically simultaneously with the works on [pr].1134- A. Tactical-technical task for the project "Golden eagle- B" was given out to northern PKB still in 1964.
The correction of the design of ship with the boiler and turbine installation under the gas-turbine indicates its cardinal or complete processing, since the discussion deals with change in the articles of load and volumes, not to mention to architecture. The gas-turbine unit more easily OF [KTU], but volumes for the arrangement requires more, mainly because of the developed flues. Excessive enthusiasm by fuel economy in that period, led to the development of the gas-turbine unit of that consisting of the march and afterburning gas turbines. Therefore project 1134- B to a considerable degree proved to be new in [korablem], since for positioning afterburning and march GTU was required [pererazmerenie] of the elements of housing, and consequently - volumes and load to the side of their increase.
The practice of the use of this installation showed that the ships rarely sailed with the use only of sustainer engines. The reasons for this position were in the very small real speed of running under these engines (14-15 units) and the practically not realizable long range of the floating (more than 9 000 miles). Generally combined gas -[gaeoturbinnye] installation ([GGTU]) were held only in Navy of Great Britain in 1970-80- X years. At present from such installations they refused also in Great Britain. The obtained effect from such installations does not compensate their complexity, and consequently cost and reliability. In all leading countries of world use either diesel- gas-turbine installations ([DGTU]) in the different variations, or simple GTU those consisting of the identical fully variable engines. In ship building of the USSR [GGTU] they adapted also in the quite last ships.
Designed for the ship [pr].1134- B power unit possessed one additional important innovation - reversible gas turbines. For the dacha of backward motion aboard all ships with GTU previously were used either the adjustable-pitch propellers ([VRSH]) or reversible reducers.
Smaller mass [GEU] led to the need of changing the main measurements of housing. Superstructures were also changed. Because of the need of positioning of flues large in the section and air suckers it was necessary to establish chimney stack separately from the [bashnepodobnoy] mast. Enormous chimney stack itself was the tribute of the new trend - every possible reduction in the physical pour on ships and allegedly it made it possible to sharply decrease thermal distinctness of ship. The inventors of these innovations obviously considered that the basic means of the detection of surface ships are the infrared systems, but not RLS. Prove similar to management the Navies they could very adroit "scientists". To bring the level of the thermal field of ship to the background noise level (sea) is theoretically possible, but it is in practice unreal. To consequently " deceive" the infrared channel of self-homing head [PKR] is also impossible. According to the estimations of some specialists both in our country and abroad effect from reduction in thermal distinctness of ship does not compensate those expenditures which it requires of the ship. IN the USA and Great Britain the sizes of gas branch pipes aboard the ships with GTU of usual size (close to the same in ships with [KTU]) and are brought out directly to the shear pipes or even for it, which gives grounds to assume that the fight with thermal distinctness in them does not bear total nature or it is solved by other methods.
The appeared reserves of volumes because of an increase in the main measurements of ship [pr].1134- B made it possible to strengthen its armament. After returning to the previously developed conveyor system of storage and supply ZUR, the fire unit OF [ZRK] "storm" was doubled - to 96 units. Were additionally placed two [ZRK] of self-defence "Wasp- M" with the advanced launcher. With the loading the launcher descends into the cellar, " strings" for its guides the sequential pair of anti-aircraft missiles and returns to the upper position, ready to shooting. The caliber of artillery installations was brought to 76,2- mm of [putem] of installation older, but more than "logical" guns and mountings [AK]-726, and for increasing the effectiveness of aerial gunnery were placed by 30- mm six-barrel automatic weapons [AK]-630. Hydroacoustic armament was also improved: is established [usovershenstvovannaya] GAS "Titan-2[T]" and, for the first time in the domestic ship building, towed GAS mH/mg -325 "of Vega".
At the same time antisubmarine armament, which consisted of two [schetverennykh] launchers OF [PLUR] "snow-storm", two [pyatitrubnykh] torpedo tubes and [RBU]-6000 and [RBU]-1000 remained the same as on BPK [pr].1134- A.
The basic purpose of ships 1134- B (and also [pr].1134- A) was the guarantee of PVO (Air Defense) and PLO of connections of warships; search, tracking and the destruction of submarines in the remote regions of seas and oceans. Specifically, with it was posed the problem of tracking on the combat service of expanded [PLARB] of potential enemy. For this reason they abroad always called them the cruisers (was obtained in the West the designation Of kara of class).
Just as aboard the ships [pr].1134- A on BPK of project 1134- B during the repairs was replaced the complex OF [PLUR] "snow-storm" by the new universal complex "Socket- B" with the rocket 85- RU, capable of striking surface targets.
Two ships of this project underwent more serious modernization. So aboard the third ship of a series - "Kerch'" - instead of RLS "rise" was established new RLS "rough-stemmed boletus". Aboard the fourth ship "Azov" in 1977 instead of stern [ZRK] "the storm" was established for the tests new multichannel [ZRK] "fort" - the naval counterpart of the complex of National Air Defense Forces S -300[Ps]. After modernization the number of project was changed on 1134- BF (but in the West "Azov" was named Modified Of kara of class). This ship sufficiently for long was used in the Black sea for finalizing of ship multichannel [ZRK] of collective defense with the vertical launching of anti-aircraft missiles, intended for the cruisers of [pr].1164 and [pr].1144 projected at that time.
Program of building. Head ship [pr].1134- B, which was called name "Nikolayev", was laid in January 1969 on by Nikolayevsk shipbuilding plant [im]. 61- GO of communard ([SSZ] of 200), and in September 1971 ship was introduced into the composition of fleet. Were until 1979 built the 6 additional ships of this project at the same plant.
Status in 2007. The ships of project 1134- B actively performed combat duty in the composition the Navy of the USSR - 4 in the Black sea, 3- on Pacific Ocean. In February - July 1979. BPK "Petropavlovsk" and "Tashkent" completed joint prolonged passage around Africa from Sevastopol to Vladivostok. One of the ships was removed in the film "single floating".
After the disintegration of the USSR the BPK began to be gradually removed from the composition of fleet. The general economic crisis in Russia at the beginning of the 1990's and the division of Black Sea fleet had a role in this trend. In the Navies of Russia they are at the present time located only by BPK "Kerch'" and "[Ochakov]", moreover the latter little is combat-effective and, possibly, it will be within the next few years disabled.
In this case for repairing "Ochakova", in the favor of Admiral Kasatonov] in the 1990s was copied newer BPK of Black Sea fleet "Azov" used both the source of spare parts, but nevertheless and it was not repaired in view of the large worn out nature "Of [ochakov]".
Large ASW ship TYPE "Nicholas" Project 1134-B "Berkut -B " • the K ar a class (built 7) MODIFICATIONS: • 1134-B ( to Kara class ) - the basic design of the gas turbine based on BOD pr.1134-A (1971) • 1134 -BF ( to Kara mod. ) - In the experimental procedure set SAM collective protection "Fort" (1977 ). The positive experience of the development of gas turbines on ships pr.61 , as well as the potential of their products - South Turbine Plant (YUTZ), officially known as the NGO "Dawn" - on the one hand, and at the same time, the congestion of the main manufacturer of steam turbines for surface ships - Kirov plant in Leningrad - on the other hand, almost certainly prompted or dictated the decision to another correction of the project in 1134 "Golden Eagle" , now under a different energy - gas turbine. Designing of the gas turbine variants BOD, received the project number 1134-B (chief designer and chief observer remained the same - V.F.Anikiev and Captain 2 rank O.T.Safronov) was carried out almost simultaneously with work on pr.1134-A . Tactical and technical specification for the project "Berkut-B" was granted the Northern Design Bureau in 1964. Updating of the project ship with a boiler and turbine installation at a gas turbine is a cardinal or complete its processing, since we are talking about changing the load of articles and volumes, not to mention the architecture. Gas turbine installation easier KTU, but the volume required to accommodate longer, mainly because of the development of gas flues. Excessive fuel economy at that time, led to the development of the gas turbine plant consisting of propulsion and afterburning gas turbines. Therefore, the draft 1134-B to a large extent was a new ship as to accommodate afterburning and gas turbine propulsion took oversized elements of the case, and therefore - and the volume of the load in the direction of their increase. The use of such a facility showed that ships rarely sailed using only the main engines. The reasons for this have been very little real progress speed under these engines (14-15 knots) and practically implemented by a large cruising range (over 9000 miles). Generally combined gas gaeoturbinnye installation (GSTU) lasted only in the Royal Navy in 1970-80-ies. At the moment of such plants in Britain abandoned. The resultant effect of such plants does not compensate for their complexity and therefore the cost and reliability. In all leading countries of the world use a diesel-gas turbine units (DSTU) in different variations, a simple gas turbine consisting of the same variable speed motors. In shipbuilding USSR GSTU used in the most recent ships. Designed for ship pr.1134-B power plant has another important innovation - reversing gas turbines. For garden backing on all vehicles with gas turbines previously used or controllable-pitch propellers (CPP) or reverse gears. Less weight GEM has led to the need to change the main dimensions of the body. Add-ons have also been modified. Due to the need to accommodate a large cross-section for air inlet and flue pipes had to be installed separately from the chimney tower-like mast. The very huge chimney was a tribute to the new trends - the full reduction of physical fields of ships and supposedly can dramatically reduce the thermal signature of the ship. The inventors of these innovations is obviously considered that the primary means of detection of surface ships are infrared systems, rather than radar. Prove like Navy leadership could very clever "scientists". To bring the level of thermal fields of the ship to the background level (the sea) is theoretically possible, but in practice it is not realistic. Hence "cheat" homing infrared RCC channel is also possible. According to some professionals like us, and abroad, the effect of reducing the thermal signature of the ship does not compensate for those costs that it requires from the ship. In the US and UK sizes of gas pipes on ships with GTU normal size (close to that of vehicles with KTU) and output directly to the outlet pipe, or even for it, which gives grounds to believe that the fight against the thermal signature from them is not of a total character, or it is solved in other ways. Appeared volumes of reserves due to an increase of the main dimensions of the ship pr.1134-B allowed to strengthen his arms. Returning to the previously developed conveyor system storage and supply missiles, ammunition SAM "Storm" was doubled - up to 96 units. In addition, it was placed two SAM self-defense "Osa-M" with a retractable launcher. With the loading launcher falls into the cellar, "stringing" on its rails another pair of anti-aircraft missiles, and returns to the up position and ready to fire. Caliber artillery was brought to 76.2 mm by installing the older, but more "logical" gun mounts AK-726, and to increase the effectiveness of fire at air targets were placed six-barrel 30mm AK-630. Hydroacoustic equipment was also improved: set advanced SAS "Titan-2T" and, for the first time in domestic shipbuilding, towed GAS MG-325 "Vega". At the same time, anti-submarine weapons, consisting of two quad launchers Plourac'h "Blizzard", two five-funnel torpedo tubes and RBU-6000 and RBU-1000 remained the same as in the BOD pr.1134-A . The main purpose vehicles 1134-B (as well as pr.1134-A ) was to provide air defense and antisubmarine warships compounds; Search, tracking and destruction of submarines in remote areas of the seas and oceans. It was put to them the task of monitoring in military service to deployed SSBNs potential enemy. For this reason, they abroad always called cruisers (received designation in the west to Kara class ). Modifications. As well as on ships pr.1134-A on the BOD of the project in 1134-B during repair replace Plourac'h complex "Snowstorm" a new universal set of "bell-B" with the launch of 85-RU, and capable of striking surface targets. Two ships of the project underwent a major upgrade. So on the third ship of the series - "Kerch" - a new "boletus" radar was installed instead of the "Sunrise" radar. In the fourth ship "Azov" in 1977 instead of feeding SAM "Storm" was set to test new multichannel SAM "Fort" - Marine version of the complex Air Defense Forces S-300PS. After modernization project number has been changed to 1134-BF (and in the west "Azov" was named Modified Kara class). This ship was used for a long time in the Black Sea for testing ship multichannel SAM system of collective defense with the vertical launch anti-aircraft missiles, destined for projected while cruisers pr.1164 and pr.1144 . Construction program. The lead ship pr.1134-B , called "Nikolaev", was founded in January 1969 at the Nikolayev shipyard them. 61 Communards (CVD ?200), and in September 1971 the ship was put into the fleet. 6 more ships of this project was to build up to 1979 at the same factory. Status for 2007 Project Ships 1134-B is actively carried on combat duty in the Navy of the USSR - 4 on the Black Sea, 3 - in the Pacific. In February and July 1979 BOD "Petropavlovsk" and "Tashkent" made ??a joint long passage around Africa from Sevastopol to Vladivostok. One of the ships starred in "Solo Voyage". After the collapse of the Soviet Union began to BOD phased out of the fleet. Not the least role in this was played and the general economic crisis in Russia in the early 1990s and the section of the Black Sea Fleet. To date, the Russian Navy are only BOD "Kerch" and "Ochakov", the latter a little boesposoben and possibly in the next few years will be disabled. At the same time to repair the "Ochakovo" in favor of Admiral I.Kasatonovu in the 1990s. was decommissioned a new BOD Black Sea fleet "Azov" used as a source of spare parts, but because of the large depreciation "Ochakov" still has not been repaired. A BRIEF HISTORY OF SERVICE ( • - ships are in service ) • «Nikolaev» [P / N 2001 ] . 25.06.1968 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); 13.08.1969 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; launched on 12.19.1969 r .; He came into operation 31.12.1971 r .; 08.02.1972 was included in the CFP; 09.04.1984 was listed in the KTOF; 26.9-1.10.1973 was paid a visit to Split (Yugoslavia) and of 15-21.04.1981 - Havana (Cuba); 11.11.1987 was put in Nikolaev for the overhaul, but 29.10.1992 was expelled from the Navy; 31.12.1992 was disbanded; 10.08.1994 was sent to India in tow for cutting metal. • «Ochakov» [P / N 2002 ] . 19.12.1969 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); 25.12.1969 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; launched on 30.04.1971 r .; He came into operation 11.04.1973 r .; 28.11.1973 was included in the CFP; 14-19.06.1978 was paid a visit to patching (Syria), 13-18.4.1979 city - Rijeka (Yugoslavia), 11-16.06.1979 city - Toulon (France), 10-13.08.1979, the - Varna (Bulgaria), 20-24.10.1986 city - Havana (Cuba), 26-31.03.1987 city - Istanbul (Turkey), 26-30.10.1987 and 8-12.05.1990, the city - Split (Yugoslavia), 24-28.04.1989 g.- in Constanta (Romania) and Mr. 11-14.06.1990 - Taranto (Italy); in the period from 26.03.1980 till 18.07.1984 was held at "SMZ" in Sevastopol overhaul; in the early 1990s put on the repair in Sevastopol; 09.02.1993, on the ship there was a fire, which resulted in the fading 10th slot. • «Kerch» [P / N 2003 ] . 30.04.1971 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); 25.05.1971 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; launched on 21.07.1972 r .; He came into operation 25.12.1974 r .; 23.01.1975 was included in the CFP; 10-14.08.1984 and 11-15.08.1989, the city paid a visit to Varna (Bulgaria) and 28.06-2.07.1989 city - Istanbul (Turkey); in 2005 he passed the repair Novorossiysk. • «Azov» [P / N 2004 ] . 04.01.1972 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; 21.07.1972 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); launched on 14.09.1973 r .; He came into operation 25.12.1975 r .; 19.02.1976 was included in the CFP; in 1977, the project upgraded 1134-BF ; 22-26.01.1990 was paid a visit to Piraeus (Greece), 25.06-1.07.1990 city - Havana (Cuba), 24-28.06.1991 city - Toulon (France) and Mr. 15-19.08.1991 - Constanta (Romania); in the period from 18.07.1984 till 02.21.1985 was held at "SMZ" in Sevastopol overhaul; to 10.12.1998 was expelled from the Navy disbanded and subsequently decommissioned for cutting metal. • «Petropavlovsk» [P / N 2005 ] . 04.01.1972 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; 09.09.1973 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); launched on 22.11.1974 r .; He came into operation 29.12.1976 r .; 05.02.1977 was included in the KTOF; 24.02-3.07.1979, he made ??a move around Africa from Sevastopol to Vladivostok, having made ??business visits to Luanda (Angola), Maputo (Mozambique) and Port Louis (Mauritius); in the period from 10.09.1986 till 12.02.1990 was held at "Dalzavod" Vladivostok overhaul; in 1995 it expelled from the Navy decommissioned and disbanded. • «Tashkent» [P / N 2006 ] . 07.05.1974 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; 22.11.1974 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); launched on 11.05.1975 r .; He came into operation 31.12.1977 r .; 17/02/1978 of vkpyuchen of the KTOF; 24.02-3.07.1979, he made ??a move around Africa from Sevastopol to Vladivostok, having made ??business visits to Luanda (Angola), Maputo (Mozambique) and Port Louis (Mauritius); 20.12.1989 was put in Nikolaev for the overhaul, but the 07/03/1992, the disarmed and expelled from the Navy; 29.10.1992 was disbanded; 10.08.1994 was sent to tow to India for scrapping. • «Tallinn» [P / N 2007 ] ; from 02.08.1990, the "Vladivostok" . 07.05.1975 was enrolled in the lists of the Navy ships; 11.05.1975 was laid at the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolayev (?200); launched on 11.05.1976 r .; came into operation 31.12.1979 and 28.03.1980, the city is included in the KTOF; 13-17.12.1981 was paid a visit to Maputo (Mozambique), 16-20.02.1984 city - in Massawa (Ethiopia), 13-17.08.1985 city - Wonsan (North Korea), and 12-16.03.1986 He was made ??a business call at Djibouti; in 1994 it expelled from the Navy decommissioned and disbanded. MAIN SPECIFICATIONS Displacement, tons • Standard • Full - 6590 8470 Main dimensions, m • Length overall (at design waterline) • maximum width (at design waterline) • maximum draft (average) - 173 , 4 (162) 1 8 , 5, (16, 8 ) , 6.3 5 ( 5.74 ) Power installation: • 2 propulsion gas turbine M-62, the total power, hp (kW) • 4 afterburning gas turbine M-8E total power, hp (kW) GSTU M-5 - 12 000 ( 8 82 0) - 80 000 (58 800) 2 shaft; 2 propellers Speed, knots: • Highest • Economic - 32 1 8 Cruising range, miles (at a rate bonds) 71 00 (18) 30 00 ( 30 ) Endurance, days. thirty Crew. (Including officers) 3 80 ( 47 ) WEAPONS Anti-submarine missile: • PU PLRK RPK-3 "Blizzard" or URC-5 "bell-B" • Plourac'h 85-F or 85-EN (SS-N-14 "the S ilex ") - 2 x 4 8 Anti-aircraft missile: • PU B-187 A SAM M-11 "Storm" or "Storm-M" • SAM B-611 (SA-N-3 "Goblet") • PU ZIF-122 air defense missile system 4K33 "Osa-M" • 9M33M missiles (SA-N-4 «Gecko») - 2 x 2 48 2 X 2 4 0 Artillery: • 7 6.2 -mm AK-72 AU 6 • 30-mm AK-630 ZAK - 2 x 2 4 x 6 Torpedo: • 533 mm TA PTA-53-1134 - 2 X 5 ASW: • RBU-6000 "Cyclone-2" • RSL-60 • RBU-1000 "Cyclone-3" ( except the "Petropavlovsk" ) • RSL-10 - 2 x 12 144 2 X 6 60 Aviation: • Ka-25PL ( «Hormone A») or Ka-27 ( «Helix-A») - - 1 electronic equipment CICS • «Alley -1 " and "Root" VTS radar detection 1 x LL-600 «Sunrise» (Top Sail) 1 x 'Podber?zovik "( the Flat the Screen ) only" Kerch " generic detection radar 1 x LL-310A "Angara-A» (Head Net C) NC radar detection 2 x "Volga" (the Palm Frond) and "Vaigach" (Don Kay) on "Mykolayiv" and 3 x "Vaigach" (2 Don Kay and 1 Don 2 ) on the other ASG • MG-332 T "Titan-2T» (Bull's Nose) • MG-325 "Vega» ( Mare is Tail's ) towed EW • "Ring" • "Gurzuf", "Gurzuf-1" (the Globe 8 Side) (2 Bell Slam; 1 Bell Clout; 2 Bell Tap 1-2 housings or 4 Rum Tub the rest • BAT-1 acoustic guardian complexes decoy 2 x 2 CP PC-2 (ZIF-121) optoelectronic devices 4 x (Tilt Pot) fire control radar 2 X 'Thunder-M »(Head Light C) for SAM" Storm "and PLRK 2 X 4R33 (Pop Group) for the SAM" Osa-M " 2 X MR-105" Turel »(Owl Screech) for 76,2- AU mm 2 X MR-123 "Vimpel» (Bass Tilt) for 30-mm AU navigation station providing flight (Fly Screen A) not at all means of communication Toolkit IFF radar • «Nickel-CM" and "Chrome-CM» (High Pole A and B) http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1736 http://web.archive.org/web/20130403134251/http://www.atrinaflot.narod.ru/2_mainclassships/02_rkr_1293/0_1293.htm Nuclear missile cruiser Project 1293 (built 0) MODIFICATIONS: No Since the mid-1970s. It was carried out construction of a series of heavy nuclear missile cruisers in the USSR Project 1144 "Orlan". By themselves, these ships were very large and complex (complete w / and more than 26.000 tons), and therefore planned a series of very limited. In 1986, the fourth ship was laid pr.11442 and planned lay still and fifth by 1988. Ships of the project from the housing to the housing significantly improved, embodying all the latest achievements of domestic science and technology. But that led to what is actually "Eagle" not get the serial that made ??their construction is too expensive, although this was clear from the outset - because the ships were highly specialized, and carried the weight of excess weapons. As a result, there was a question of reducing the cost of the ship to solve the same problems. It exposed the condition - to develop a ship of the same purpose, but at a cost lower than at least 20%. While already I thought about our first nuclear aircraft carrier (and unfinished due to the collapse of the USSR), and it therefore needed an escort ship. It was therefore decided to design two simultaneously atomic ship in a single housing which would separately performed, and anti-shock function. So it appeared the project in 1293 - nuclear strike missile cruiser, and the project in 1199 ( "Anchar" cipher) - atomic large antisubmarine ship. TTZ on the design of these ships was granted the Northern Design Bureau chief designer was appointed B.I.Kupensky (previously developed projects 50 , 61 , 1144 and 11442 ). Work on the cruiser pr.1293 moved relatively quickly - disrupted reserve the remainder of the development of atomic RRC pr.1165 "land mine". The resulting ship had a displacement of 14,190 tons and the main dimensions of 210 x 20.8 m. Armament consisted of 16 vertical PU RCC "Granite", SAM collective defense "Fal" (modification of SAM "Fort") with rocket ammunition 64, SAM self-defense "Dagger" with the same ammunition, two launchers PLRK "Waterfall", two RBU-12000, coupled universal 130-mm AK-130 AU and four batteries of 30-mm six-barreled AK-630M. It should be noted that by this time in new ships, it was decided to abandon the SPAR "Dirk" because of their large size and weight and the fact that in practice they were unable to carry out perforation of additional intervals with machine guns shot down by a SAM their enemy anti-ship missiles. Therefore RRC pr.1293 interception carried out in the near field SAM "Dagger" and perforation of additional intervals purposes carried AK-630, entered in the general defense outline, but with the possibility of individual guidance from their firing radar. Also, it is not clear on the presence of such a shock ASW ship complex - in fact exactly the same and had to stand on the BOD pr.1199 . On the cruiser envisaged aircraft armament of two Ka-27 helicopters. They were placed in a double hangar at the stern of the ship, there was located the runway, control position and range navigation system. Radio-electronic means should include the latest designs, including a large range of "Sea" radar with a phased antenna array. But the project is 1293 several late. In 1988, the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier was already laid pr.11437 and future planned construction of their batch. Therefore, the construction of nuclear missile cruisers on the criterion of "cost-effectiveness" becomes impractical. Gradually, the Navy leadership was aware that the appearance of our full-fledged aircraft carriers with a wide range of tasks and long-range ships such as drums missile cruisers, simply do not need. Besides their function can better carry out nuclear submarines pr.949-A , armed with the same "granite", but with a great capacity. As a result of the project in 1293 quietly "buried", previously spent on it a lot of time and money, but the work of BOD pr.1199 subsequently continued. MAIN SPECIFICATIONS Displacement, tons • Standard - 14190 Main dimensions, m • Length overall • Breadth • sludge - 210 20,8 8 ... 9 Power installation: • 2 WWR, total power, mW • 2 PPU, 2 GTZA, total power, hp (kW) • 2 backup e Do kW Nuclear n / d n / d n / d 2 shaft; 2 propellers Speed, knots: • Highest • Economic - ~ 30 ~ 1 8 Cruising range at the reserve power plant , miles (at a rate bonds) n / d Endurance, days. 30 ... 40 Crew. 500 ... 600 WEAPONS Shock Rocket: • CM-233 UVP SCRC P-700 "Granit" ASM P-700 - 16 Anti-aircraft missile: • OHR B-203A S-300F "Fal" / "Fort" SAM 5V55RM / 48N6E - 64 Anti-submarine missile: • PU PLRK "Waterfall-NK" Plourac'h 91-F or 533-mm torpedo - 2 x 4 8 Artillery: • 130 -mm AK AU-130 • 30-mm AK-ZAK 6 30M - 1 x 2 8 x 6 ASW: • RBU-12000 "Boa-1" - 2 x 10 Aviation: • helicopter Ka- 27 - 2 electronic equipment CICS n / d VTS radar detection 1 x 'Sea' generic detection radar 1 x "Forum-2M" NC radar detection 2 x "Vaigach-U" ASG n / d EW • «Constellation-BR" complexes decoy 2 x 2 CP PC-2 (ZIF-121) fire control radar • "Coral-BN" reception of satellite target designation for the SCRC, "Granit" • "Wave" / "Fal" for S-300F • 3R95 for SAM "Dagger" • MP-184 "Lion-218m" for the 130-mm AU • MR -123 "Vympel" for the 30-mm ZAK means of communication • «Typhoon 2" IFF radar n / d Tentative projections of nuclear-powered missile cruiser Project
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|