6th Fighter Division
The 6th Fighter Division was established in November 1950 at Anshan, Liaoning and was initially comprised of the 16th and 17th Regiments.
China-Military.org indicates that the 6th Division gained the 139th Regiment from the deactivated 47th Division sometime in 1998.
The 6th Fighter Division has a regiment of J-6s and a regiment of J-7s at Yinchuan and a regiment of J-6s at Tianshui.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|