Find a Security Clearance Job!

Military


168th Engineer Group

On order, 168th Engineer Group mobilizes and deploys to a theater of operations to provide command and control of assigned and attached units and plan and conduct general engineering, survivability, and limited mobility/countermobility to support the theater commander's objectives. Be prepared to conduct engineer operations in support of a corps.

The 168th Engineer Group was originally organized and Federally recognized on 28 May 1934 in the Mississippi National Guard as Company B, 106th Engineers, an element of the 31st Division (subsequently the 31st Infantry Division), at Vicksburg. It was inducted into Federal service on 25 November 1940 at Vicksburg.

The unit was subsequently reorganized and redesignated on 26 February 1942 as Company B, 106th Engineer Battalion before being redeisngated on 1 August 1942 as Company B, 106th Engineer Combat Battalion. It inactivated on 21 December 1945 at Camp Stoneman, CA.

Reorganized and Federally recognized on 25 February and on 2 July 1947 in the Mississippi National Guard as Headquarters and Service Company and the Medical Detachment, 106th Engineer Combat Battalion, respectively, at Vicksburg, it was ordered into active Federal service on 16 January 1951 at Vicksburg. Meanwhile, the 204th Antiaircraft Artillery Gun Battalion was allotted on 16 March 1951 to the Mississippi Army National Guard.

Headquarters Battery, 204th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion, a non-divisional unit, was organized and Federally recognized on 30 April 1951 at Vicksburg. Headquarters Battery, 204th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion converted and redesignated on 9 October 1951 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 168th Engineer Combat Group; it was redesignated on 1 February 1953 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 168th Engineer Group.

Headquarters and Service Company and Medical Detachment, 106th Engineer Combat Battalion was redesignated on 11 May 1953 as Headquarters and Service Company and Medical Detachment, 106th Engineer Battalion. Headquarters and Service Company and Medical Detachment, 106th Engineer Battalion was released on 15 June 1954 from active Federal service and reverted to State control; its was concurrently relieved from assignment to 31st Infantry Division, and consolidated with Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 168th Engineer Group, retaining the latter designation.

The unit was ordered into active Federal service on 30 September 1962 at Vicksburg and was released on 5 October 1962 from active Federal service and reverted to State control.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list