The Israeli underground national military command center, "the Bor," is located beneath the Defense Ministry complex -- the Kirya, Israel's equivalent of the Pentagon -- in the Hakirya district. This facility is within a few hundred feet of the former Prime Minister's office in Tel Aviv.
Tel Aviv is the first Hebrew city. Named Ahuzat Bayit, it was founded in 1909 as a Jewish neighborhood near Jaffa. In 1910 its name was changed to Tel Aviv (the "hill of spring"). On May 14, 1948, the State of Israel declared its independence in Tel Aviv. As the temporary capital of the new State, the first Knesset and Government Offices were located here until 1949. In 1950, Jaffa was annexed to Tel Aviv. Today there are approximately 360,000 residents in the city.
Tel Aviv National Military Command Center
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|