July 2008 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- North Korean Silence Creates Gaps in Tourist Killing Probe VOA 25 Jul 2008 -- South Korean investigators have released what they call "interim findings" in a probe of this month's shooting of a South Korean tourist by North Korea's military
- N. Korea Stonewalls Probe of S. Korean Tourist Shooting VOA 16 Jul 2008 -- South Korean officials are revealing what details they have so far of last week's fatal shooting of a South Korean tourist by the North Korean military
- Raytheon Awarded $38.5 Million to Upgrade Patriot for South Korea Raytheon 15 Jul 2008 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has received a $38.5 million contract from COMLOG to upgrade Patriot missiles for South Korea.
- S. Korea's Ruling Party Urges Talks with North About Tourist Killing VOA 14 Jul 2008 -- The leader of South Korea's ruling Grand National Party has proposed dialogue with North Korea to reduce tensions caused by the shooting death last week of a South Korean tourist by a soldier.
- South Side Chiefly to Blame for Incident at Mt. Kumgang Resort KCNA 14 Jul 2008 -- A south Korean who came to tour Mt. Kumgang was shot to death by a serviceman of the Korean People's Army at around 4:50 a.m. on July 11.
- South Korea Says Tourist Shooting by North 'Wrong, Unimaginable' VOA 13 Jul 2008 -- The South Korean government is condemning North Korea's fatal shooting of a tourist from the South near a special North Korean resort
- South Korean Tourist Shot Dead By North Korean Soldier In Resort Zone VOA 11 Jul 2008 -- South Korea has suspended a high profile tourist program to North Korea after a North Korean soldier shot and killed a South Korean woman on holiday at the special tourism enclave
- S. Korean President Calls for Resumption of Talks with North VOA 11 Jul 2008 -- South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has called for the resumption of reconciliation talks with North Korea.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|