March 2008 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- South Korea Weighs Options Amid Heightening Tension With North VOA 31 Mar 2008 -- South Korea is opting for a low public policy profile amid escalating tensions with North Korea
- Pyongyang expels S.Korean officials from joint industrial complex RIA Novosti 27 Mar 2008 -- North Korea has expelled all 11 South Korean government officials from a joint office in the Kaesong industrial complex in a sign of strained ties with Seoul, the Yonhap news agency said on Thursday.
- S.Korean leader urges firmer line on Pyongyang RIA Novosti 26 Mar 2008 -- South Korea's president urged North Korea on Wednesday to cooperate on the issue of repatriating abductees and prisoners of war, and to speed up denuclearization efforts, Yonhap news agency said.
- S. Korean Human Rights Watchdog Says It Will Probe Abuses in North VOA 25 Mar 2008 -- South Korea's Human Rights Commission says it will investigate human rights abuses in North Korea
- S. Korea Warns North's Nuclear Stall May Slow Economic Cooperation VOA 20 Mar 2008 -- South Korea's chief official on North Korea policy has warned a continued lack of progress in talks on Pyongyang's nuclear weapons could threaten the growth of a joint industrial park.
- Seoul links North/South economic cooperation to nuclear talks RIA Novosti 19 Mar 2008 -- South Korea has said that further economic cooperation with North Korea depends on progress in denuclearization talks, the South's unification minister said on Wednesday.
- Seoul Urges N. Korea Nuclear Negotiators to Preserve 'Momentum' VOA 12 Mar 2008 -- South Korea's newly appointed foreign minister is warning talks aimed at ending North Korea's nuclear weapons capabilities could stall over unresolved issues related to the North's promised declaration
- U.S.-S. Korea War Exercises under Fire KCNA 11 Mar 2008 -- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises, large-scale war exercises for invading the DPRK, staged by the U.S. and south Korean bellicose forces from March 2 to 7 were extremely provocative and adventurous saber rattling aimed at creating new military tension on the Korean Peninsula and gravely threatening peace and the cause of reunification as they were a dangerous nuclear test war to invade and stifle the DPRK.
- South Korea Will Send Woman Into Space VOA 10 Mar 2008 -- South Korean officials says they are replacing the male astronaut they intended to send on a space voyage with a woman.
- S.Korea switches ISS mission astronauts over alleged violations RIA Novosti 10 Mar 2008 -- South Korea's first astronaut will be a female engineer, following a last-minute swap over allegations that the main candidate broke rules in the Russian training center, Yonhap agency said on Monday.
- U.S.-S. Korea Joint Military Exercises Slammed KCNA 07 Mar 2008 -- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises now under way according to a carefully worked out operation plan for invading the north strip bare the bellicose and aggressive nature of the U.S. which has invariably pursued a hostile policy towards the DPRK under the signboard of "dialogue" and "peace".
- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle Enter into Full-Scale Operation Phase KCNA 07 Mar 2008 -- The Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises of the war-like elements of the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces and the south Korean forces aiming at a preemptive attack on the DPRK entered a full-scale offensive operation phase from the phase of the deployment in the operational theater, according to a military source.
- South Korean Envoy Signals Shift in North Korea Human Rights Policy VOA 04 Mar 2008 -- South Korea President Lee Myung-bak's administration is calling for improvement in North Korea's human rights situation and pledging cooperation with the United Nations on the issue
- South Korea Chooses Raytheon's Patriot for Air and Missile Defense Capability Upgrade Raytheon 03 Mar 2008 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has received an initial contract to provide engineering services related to a U.S. government Foreign Military Sale of the Patriot air and missile defense system to South Korea.
- North Korea Condemns US - South Korea Joint Defense Drill VOA 02 Mar 2008 -- The United States and South Korea have begun a robust week-long series of annual military exercises aimed at ensuring the two allies can deter and defeat any incursion by North Korea
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|