January 2008 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- S. Korea spy drone crashes near inter-Korean border RIA Novosti 31 Jan 2008 -- A South Korean unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) used to monitor North Korean troop movements crashed on Thursday near the heavily fortified inter-Korean border, national television said.
- UN rights expert hails Republic of Korea's protection for DPR Korea nationals UN News Centre 25 Jan 2008 -- An independent United Nations human rights expert today welcomed the participation of the Republic of Korea in efforts to help people from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) living in its territory while urging more measures to help the most vulnerable.
- S.Korea's 1st astronaut to fly to ISS with Russian crew in April RIA Novosti 24 Jan 2008 -- South Korea's Ko San, set to become the country's first astronaut, will fly to the International Space Station (ISS) with a Russian crew on April 8, Russian space agency Roscosmos said on Thursday.
- Incoming S. Korean President Outlines 'Patient, Future-Oriented' Foreign Policy VOA 17 Jan 2008 -- South Korea's next president says he will approach North Korea with patience and honesty
- South Korean President-Elect Seeks to Scrap Unification Ministry VOA 16 Jan 2008 -- South Korea's president-elect says he plans to do away with the ministry that has handled relations with North Korea for nearly 40 years
- S.Korea president-elect ready for dialogue with Pyongyang RIA Novosti 14 Jan 2008 -- South Korea's president-elect Lee Myung-bak is ready for dialogue with North Korea to improve relations and make progress on denuclearization, Yonhap news agency reported.
- Incoming S. Korean President Hopes for Summit With North VOA 14 Jan 2008 -- South Korea's next president says he would hold a summit with North Korea if it would help get rid of the North's nuclear arsenal
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|