Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2012 - Japan Special Weapons News
- Japan 'Closely Watching' N.Korea Over Missiles RIA Novosti 26 Nov 2012 -- The Japanese government will continue gathering information about a possible missile launch by North Korea and is ready to defend itself, Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura said on Monday.
- Following Japan visit, UN expert stresses need for monitoring effects of nuclear radiation on people UN News Centre 26 Nov 2012 -- At the end of a visit to Japan related to health issues stemming from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident, a United Nations independent expert today stressed the importance of monitoring the effects of atomic radiation on people's health.
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Noda of Japan Before Bilateral Meeting The White House 20 Nov 2012
- Obama, Wen Hail U.S.-China Relationship RFE/RL 20 Nov 2012 -- U.S. President Barack Obama has held one-on-one talks with China's outgoing premier, Wen Jiabao.
- Obama Meets Chinese, Japanese Leaders at East Asia Summit VOA 20 Nov 2012 -- On the final day of his Southeast Asia trip, President Barack Obama met with Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda.
- KCNA Commentary on Japan's Drone Development Plan KCNA 19 Nov 2012 -- Recently Japan announced a drone development plan allegedly to "cope with the north's ballistic missile threat."
- Taiwan: Landing on Diaoyutai Islands won't solve problem CNA 09 Nov 2012 -- President Ma has rejected the idea of a landing on the disputed Diaoyutai Islands as a way of asserting sovereignty.
- Taiwan gives priority to sovereignty claim over talks with Japan CNA 07 Nov 2012 -- Taiwan has given priority to its sovereignty claim in a territorial dispute rather than seek a fishery agreement with Japan or cooperation with China.
- Minister denies snag in Taiwan-Japan fishery talks preparations CNA 07 Nov 2012 -- Taiwan and Japan continue to hold consultations on the schedule and agenda of a new round of bilateral fishery talks in hopes that a preliminary session can be held by the end of November.
- Orient Shield 12 wraps up in Japan Army News 06 Nov 2012 -- Soldiers from 1-14th Infantry along with Japan Ground Self Defense Force members from the 33rd Infantry Regiment attended a ceremony that closed the 13th iteration of Orient Shield.
- Soldiers, Defense Force Members complete Field Training Exercise Army News 06 Nov 2012 -- Soldiers from 1-14th Infantry, along with Japanese Ground Self Defense Force members from the 33rd Infantry Regiment completed a cumulative field training exercise.
- S. Korea to Extradite Alleged Chinese Firebomber to Japan VOA 06 Nov 2012 -- South Korea is expected to hand over to Japanese authorities a Chinese man who has completed a ten-month jail sentence for firebombing Japan's embassy in Seoul.
- Nuclear power safer now with new measures following Fukushima Daiichi accident, UN official UN News Centre 05 Nov 2012 -- Head of the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency told the world body’s Member States that nuclear power is safer than before the disaster.
- Taiwan reiterates sovereignty over Diaoyutais CNA 02 Nov 2012 -- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterated Taiwan's sovereignty over the Diaoyutai Islands.
- US Serviceman Suspected of Assaulting Japanese Boy VOA 02 Nov 2012 -- Japanese police are investigating claims a U.S. serviceman assaulted a boy on the island of Okinawa, where opposition to the U.S. military presence runs high.
- Marines train with Osprey at Ie Shima USMC News 01 Nov 2012 -- Marines conducted dual-point external training with an MV-22B Osprey at Ie Shima, Okinawa, Oct. 25.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list