11 August 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 11 Aug 2009 [PDF]
- DoD News: DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Caslen from Iraq DoD 11 Aug 2009 -- Presenter: Commander of Multi-National Division North Maj. Gen. Robert Caslen
- Aug. 10 airpower summary: A-10s provide overwatch AFNS 11 Aug 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Aug. 10, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Hanscom officials complete first fixed site security installation in Southwest Asia AFNS 11 Aug 2009 -- Members of the 642nd Electronic Systems Squadron here recently completed the first fixed site security installation in the Southwest Asia area of responsibility for the Air Force's Combined Air and Space Operations Center.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Geoff Morrell at the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington, Va. DoD 11 Aug 2009 -- Presenter: Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell
- Mosul Attacks Reflect al-Qaida’s Plan, Commander Says AFPS 11 Aug 2009 -- Recent high-profile attacks against civilians near Mosul, Iraq, reflect al-Qaida in Iraq’s continued desire to incite sectarian strife, a senior U.S. military officer posted in Iraq said today.
- US Commander: Al-Qaida Still Formidable, Iraqi Army Can Contain Attacks for Now VOA 11 Aug 2009 -- The commander of coalition forces in northern Iraq says al-Qaida forces have been able to regenerate themselves, in spite of heavy losses, but he says the terror network has been weakened enough that Iraqi government forces can prevent the outbreak of widespread violence.
- Kuwait Says al-Qaida-Linked Plot Foiled VOA 11 Aug 2009 -- Kuwaiti authorities say they have foiled a plot by al-Qaida-linked militants to attack a U.S. military base and other locations in the Gulf state.
- Kuwaitis Foil Attack on U.S. Logistical Hub AFPS 11 Aug 2009 -- U.S. military officials are crediting Kuwaiti security services with foiling a planned terrorist bombing aimed at a major U.S. logistical hub and staging operation in Kuwait and several other Kuwaiti sites.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|