Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 July 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 Jul 2009 [PDF]
- July 29 airpower summary: F-16s strike enemy positions AFNS 30 Jul 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations July 29, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Airmen step back as Iraqis take control of mission support AFNS 30 Jul 2009 -- American Airmen don't run dining facilities for the Iraqi military here. They don't pump fuel and they don't make runs to ammunition storage points. At least not any more.
- 198th Inf. Bde. CSM to deploy Army News 30 Jul 2009 -- Multi-National Security Transition Command, Iraq, has named Fort Benning's 198th Infantry Brigade CSM John Calpena to serve as its top noncommissioned officer beginning in mid-August
- "Muleskinners" prepare for relocation from JSS War Eagle Army News 30 Jul 2009 -- Medics from Company C, 115th "Muleskinners" Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division began packing July 28 to relocate from Joint Security Station War Eagle to Camp Taji, Iraq
- Panther brigade sharpens IA skills Army News 30 Jul 2009 -- After five long days of intense training and battling a pair of fierce sandstorms, more than 20 Iraqi Army Soldiers can now say they are graduates of Combat Outpost Carver's "Cold Steel Training Academy," July 29
- Ban calls on Iraq and Kuwait to take ‘innovative’ steps to resolve key issues UN News Centre 30 Jul 2009 -- Iraq has a number of outstanding issues to tackle before it can regain its rightful place in the community of nations, including those relating to its 1990 invasion of neighbouring Kuwait, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says, calling on the two nations to take innovative steps to resolve key issues.
- Tony Blair to Testify at British Iraq War Inquiry VOA 30 Jul 2009 -- Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is among those expected to testify at a new inquiry into the government's involvement in the Iraq war. The workings of that inquiry were formally outlined in London.
- Bomb in Iraqi Political Party Office Kills 8 VOA 30 Jul 2009 -- Iraqi police say eight people were killed and 10 others wounded Thursday in a bomb attack on a Sunni political party's office in Baquba, north of Baghdad
- IRAQ: Welcome move to upgrade Baghdad slums IRIN 30 Jul 2009 -- Slum dwellers and local NGOs have welcomed the partnership between the government and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) to improve service delivery, reduce poverty and create employment in slums.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list