12 December 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 12 Dec 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Lt. Gen Chiarelli media roundtable, Dec. 12, 2006 MNF-I 12 Dec 2006 -- TOPIC: UPDATE ON OPERATIONS IN IRAQ
- Bomb Found Near Iraq Mosque; 23 Kidnap Victims Freed AFPS 12 Dec 2006 -- Iraqi and coalition forces detonated a bomb in Samarra today and freed 23 kidnap victims yesterday. Earlier this week, combined forces killed three terrorists and detained one.
- Air Force contractor rebuilds Iraqi dry dock AFPN 12 Dec 2006 -- The rebuilding of the ship lift in Umm Qasr, Iraq, finished another crucial step in the country's reconstruction.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 12 AFPN 12 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 12.
- Dozens Killed in Baghdad Bombing VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- A minibus packed with explosives detonated in a crowded Baghdad square, killing nearly 60 people and injuring close to 200 others.
- USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Arrives in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 12 Dec 2006 -- The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), flagship of the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (IKE CSG), entered the Persian Gulf Dec. 11, accompanied by the guided-missile cruiser USS Anzio (CG 68).
- Bush Puts Off Announcement Of New Iraq Strategy VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- President Bush has put off the announcement of changes in his Iraq policy until sometime in early 2007
- Bush Consults Iraq's Sunni Vice President on Policy Shifts Washington File 12 Dec 2006 -- President Bush met with Iraqi Vice President Tariq al-Hashemi December 12 to discuss the security situation in Iraq and ways the United States can help the Iraqi government achieve stability.
- Bush Holds Talks With Iraq's Sunni Vice President VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- President Bush says he discussed with Iraq's Sunni vice president the conditions in Iraq and what the United States can do to help the Iraqi government succeed.
- U.S. President Hears More Proposals On Iraq Policy RFE/RL 12 Dec 2006 -- U.S. President George W. Bush has begun three days of strategy briefings on the war in Iraq.
- Rice: Direct Talks With Iran, Syria Not on US Agenda VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says direct talks with Iran and Syria on stabilizing Iraq are "not an issue" being considered by the Bush administration
- Iraq's Internally Displaced People in Need Food, Water VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- The International Organization for Migration reports thousands of people who fled violence in central Iraq for the relative safety of a poor southern region are barely managing to survive
- Australia Pledges to Stay in Iraq Coalition VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- Australia Tuesday strongly reaffirmed its intention to continue its role in the U.S.-led military coalition in Iraq
- IRAQ-JORDAN: Iranian-Kurd border refugees reject new proposals IRIN 12 Dec 2006 -- Iranian Kurds stuck on the Iraq-Jordan border for nearly two years say they will not leave their make-shift camp until they are resettled to a third country
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|