18 October 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 18 Oct 2006 [PDF]
- Four Soldiers killed by roadside bomb
- Marine killed in Western Iraq
- MND-B Soldier killed by small-arms fire
- Three Task Force Lightning Soldiers die, one wounded
- MND-B Soldier killed by roadside bomb
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Oct. 18 AFPN 18 Oct 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Oct. 18.
- 10 More American Troops Killed in Iraq VOA 18 Oct 2006 -- U.S. military says 10 American servicemen were killed in Iraq Tuesday - a surge in casualties as U.S. troops battle a stubborn insurgency and sectarian violence.
- IRAQ: School attendance rates drop drastically IRIN 18 Oct 2006 -- Thousands of students have been forced to stay at home due to escalating violence across the country.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 18 Oct 2006 [PDF]
- COTE D IVOIRE: AU hands down new peace blueprint IRIN 18 Oct 2006 -- The African Union has recommended that Cote d'Ivoire's current transition be extended for twelve more months with President Laurent Gbagbo remaining in office, despite rebel and opposition leaders insisting he step down.
- AFGHANISTAN: Five years after the Taliban, Afghans take stock IRIN 18 Oct 2006 -- With the fifth anniversary of the initial defeat of the Taliban in Afghanistan approaching, Afghans are asking themselves how far the country has come in the intervening period.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|