Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 October 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Retraining Iraq Police Brigade is Right Decision, General Says AFPS 06 Oct 2006 -- The decision to pull an Iraqi police brigade off the streets for intensive retraining is part of the Iraqi government's overall reform plan and will improve the professionalism and confidence within the national police, the U.S. general in charge of training Iraqi police said today.
- Rice Discusses Iraqi National Unity with Kurdish Leader Washington File 06 Oct 2006 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice traveled to Erbil, Iraq, October 6 to meet with Kurdish Regional President Massoud Barzani and discuss the national reconciliation project aimed at uniting Iraq's various ethnic and religious communities behind a shared political compact for the country's future.
- US General: Police Brigade Suspension Shows Determination to Build Quality Force in Iraq VOA 06 Oct 2006 -- A senior U.S. general in Iraq says the suspension of an entire Iraqi police brigade on Wednesday demonstrates that the interior minister is serious about building an effective force.
- IRAQ: Iraqi prisons see a few improvements IRIN 06 Oct 2006 -- Though Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has promised to crack down on those held responsible for perpetuating alleged human rights violations inside Iraqi prisons, Iraqis who have only recently been detained, say prison treatment and conditions are still harsh.
- Iraq: Government Making Progress On Security RFE/RL 06 Oct 2006 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced the signing of a new peace initiative on October 2 amid reports of increased tension among parties in his national unity government
- Rice, Iraqi Kurdish Leader Discuss National Reconciliation VOA 06 Oct 2006 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice held talks Friday with Massoud Barzani, president of the Kurdistan Region in northern Iraq.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list