02 October 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Oct 2006 [PDF]
- Three Marines Killed in Iraq
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- MND-B Soldier dies of wounds from roadside bomb
- MND-B Soldier dies from wounds following small-arms attack
- Provincial Reconstruction, Oct. 2, 2006 MNF-I 02 Oct 2006 -- TOPIC: RECONSTRUCTION IN IRAQ
- CENTAF releases airpower summaries for Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 AFPN 02 Oct 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Sept. 30 through Oct. 2.
- Iraqi Forces Capture Terrorist, Conduct Raid for Murder Suspect AFPS 02 Oct 2006 -- Specially trained Iraqi security forces captured a terrorist suspected of attacks against Iraqi and coalition forces during an early-morning raid yesterday near Taji, U.S. military officials reported.
- MND-B transfers control of FOB Duke to ISF Army News 02 Oct 2006 -- Iraqi officials and Multi-National Division - Baghdad leaders transferred responsibility of Forward Operating Base Duke to Iraqi security forces during a press conference Oct. 1.
- Iraqis take control of northern Diyala Army News 02 Oct 2006 -- Iraqis assumed control over a larger portion of their country during an Iraqis in the Lead Ceremony at Forward Operating Base Normandy Oct. 1.
- Violence Kills 15 in Iraq VOA 02 Oct 2006 -- Shootings and bombings in Iraq have killed at least 15 people, including three Iraqi soldiers in Kut, and a British soldier in Basra.
- Iraqi Police Find 50 Bodies Around Baghdad VOA 02 Oct 2006 -- Iraqi police say at least 50 bodies showing signs of torture have been found in the Baghdad area.
- Noted US Journalist Says President Bush in 'State of Denial' Over Iraq VOA 02 Oct 2006 -- One of America's best-known investigative reporters says the Bush administration has made tragic mistakes in the war in Iraq, and is blind to the grim reality of Iraq's worsening situation
- Joint statement by U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad and Multi-National Forces-Iraq (MNF-I) C MNF-I 02 Oct 2006
- Reconstruction Projects Critical to Iraq's Future, Officials Say AFPS 02 Oct 2006 -- Iraq's future success depends on the ability of its provinces to assume control of their governance, their security and their prosperity, the spokesman for Multinational Force Iraq said today in the southern Iraqi city of Hillah.
- Iraq: UN envoy briefed on latest government plans to stem violence UN News Centre 02 Oct 2006 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki today briefed the top United Nations official there on various initiatives that he hopes will combat terrorism and bring down the level of sectarian violence in the war-torn country.
- Iraqi PM Has New Plan to End Sectarian Violence as Killings Continue VOA 02 Oct 2006 -- Iraq's Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki says he has a new plan to end growing sectarian violence in his country.
- Saddam Spy Allegations Cause Furor Among Iraqi Kurds VOA 02 Oct 2006 -- A political uproar has erupted in the Kurdistan Region of northern Iraq after newspapers published a list of people accused of spying on fellow Kurds for Saddam Hussein's intelligence service
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|