13 September 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Sep 2006 [PDF]
- Soldier killed in Al Anbar Province
- MND-B Soldier killed by roadside bomb
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Sept. 13 AFPN 13 Sep 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Sept. 13.
- Iraqi Police, Army Capture Several Insurgents AFPS 13 Sep 2006 -- Iraqi police detained three suspected insurgents and discovered a makeshift bomb near a mosque in Mosul, Iraq, Sept. 11, U.S. military officials said.
- Iraq Car Bomb Kills 22, Bodies of 60 Torture Victims Found in Capital VOA 13 Sep 2006 -- A car bomb explosion in Baghdad has killed at least 14 Iraqis and wounded nearly 60 others.
- Statement on al-Anbar province MNF-I 13 Sep 2006 -- Recent media reports fail to accurately capture the entirety and complexity of the current situation in the al-Anbar province of Iraq. The classified assessment, which has been referred to in these reports, was intended to focus on the causes of the insurgency. It was not intended to address the positive effects Coalition and Iraqi forces have achieved on the security environment over the past years
- Iraqi, Coalition Troops Confront "Active Insurgency" in Al-Anbar Washington File 13 Sep 2006 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces are making progress to stabilize the country's restive al-Anbar province, but more political and economic progress is needed to undercut the continuing influence of violent militants in the region, says the commander of Multinational Division - West.
- Bush Commemoration of 9/11 Focuses on Iraq VOA 13 Sep 2006 -- President Bush concedes that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with the September 11, 2001 terror attacks on the United States
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 13 Sep 2006 [PDF]
- Annan: Most Middle East Leaders See Iraq as 'Disaster' VOA 13 Sep 2006 -- U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan says most leaders he visited on his recent trip to the Middle East told him the U.S. campaign in Iraq has been a disaster for them
- Spokesman dismisses accusing other countries of Iraq insurgency IRNA 13 Sep 2006 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said on Wednesday that occupying forces blame other countries for the insurgency in Iraq thus helping terrorists hide themselves under such baseless allegations.
- Supreme Leader: Prosperity of Iraqi nation equal to that of Iranian, regional people IRNA 13 Sep 2006 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei in a meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki here Wednesday said that the prosperity and progress of the Iraqi nation are equal to those of Iranian and regional people.
- Iran wants a secure, developed Iraq in region: minister IRNA 13 Sep 2006 -- Interior Minister Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi here on Tuesday evening stressed that Iran wants "a secure and developed Iraq" within its neighborhood.
- Larijani terms Iraq a "natural ally" of Iran IRNA 13 Sep 2006 -- Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Larijani said here Tuesday that Iraq is a "natural ally" of Iran.
- Iranian Leader Says Iraq Safer Without U.S. Troops RFE/RL 13 Sep 2006 -- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei today told Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki that one way of helping to restore stability in Iraq would be for the U.S.-led military coalition to pull out of the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|