21 July 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 21 Jul 2006 [PDF]
- MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Colonel Shields 21 Jul 2006 -- Presenter: Army Colonel Michael Shields, Commander 172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 21 Jul 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released the airpower summary for July 21.
- Iraqi Forces Net Multiple Insurgents, Weapons AFPS 21 Jul 2006 -- Iraqi security forces captured 25 suspected terrorists and killed one in multiple operations throughout Iraq July 19 and yesterday, military officials in Iraq reported.
- Coalition Forces Kill, Detain Terrorists in Iraq AFPS 21 Jul 2006 -- In separate operations throughout Iraq this week, coalition forces killed seven terrorists and captured 10 suspected terrorists, military officials in Iraq reported.
- Sectarian Strife Skips Nineveh Province, Stryker Team Commander Says AFPS 21 Jul 2006 -- Large-scale sectarian violence as displayed by Sunnis and Shiites in Baghdad has seemingly bypassed Nineveh province in northern Iraq, a U.S. military commander told Pentagon reporters today.
- Daytime Curfew Extended In Baghdad After Bloody Week RFE/RL 21 Jul 2006 -- The hours of a Friday daytime curfew have been extended in Baghdad after one of bloodiest weeks that Iraq has suffered this year.
- U.S. Energy Secretary Calls on Iraq To Open Oil Sector Washington File 21 Jul 2006 -- U.S. Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman has urged Iraq to establish a legal framework that would be instrumental in attracting foreign investment to its oil sector.
- Background Briefing by a Senior Administration Official on Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki's Visit The White House 21 Jul 2006
- Iraqi Security Forces Take On Insurgency in Nineveh Washington File 21 Jul 2006 -- Iraqi security forces now pose a credible threat to insurgents operating in Nineveh province, according to a coalition commander familiar with their daily operations.
- Iraq: Turkey Threatens Military Incursion RFE/RL 21 Jul 2006 -- Turkey has said it was taking steps this week to prepare for a cross-border incursion into northern Iraq to hunt down Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) fighters holed up in the Qandil Mountain range
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 9, Number 26 21 Jul 2006
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|