11 July 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 11 Jul 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 11 Jul 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for July 11.
- Suicide Bombs Kill Iraqi Civilians; Iraqi Army Captures Six Terrorists AFPS 11 Jul 2006 -- Three bombs detonated just north of Baghdad's international zone today, killing a reported 15 Iraqi civilians and an Iraqi policeman, U.S. military officials said.
- Attacks in Baghdad Kill More than 30 Iraqis VOA 11 Jul 2006 -- A series of attacks in and around Baghdad has killed more than 30 people - despite a plea from Iraq's Prime Minister for an end to sectarian violence
- Lawmakers Offer Conflicting Assessments on Iraq VOA 11 Jul 2006 -- Republicans and Democrats in Congress continue to put forward conflicting assessments of the situation in Iraq
- U.S. Officials Condemn Video of Mutilated Soldiers AFPS 11 Jul 2006 -- U.S. officials are condemning a terrorist video reported to show the mutilated corpses of American soldiers.
- U.S. Envoy Khalilzad Lays Out Iraq Strategy Washington File 11 Jul 2006 -- U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad said the most critical issue in Iraq now is controlling sectarian violence.
- US Congressional Report Criticizes Bush Administration Strategy in Iraq VOA 11 Jul 2006 -- The U.S. Government Accountability Office, an independent investigative arm of Congress, has released a report that criticizes the Bush Administration's strategy for success in Iraq
- Experts: Iraq Likely to Become Major US Election Issue VOA 11 Jul 2006 -- Opposition Democrats hope to seize control of one or both chambers of the U.S. Congress in the November mid-term elections, in large part because of voter dismay over the situation in Iraq
- Iraq war has cost UK over 4 billion pounds so far IRNA 11 Jul 2006 -- The first three years of the Iraq war and the chaotic aftermath has cost British taxpayers over PND 4 billion (USD 7.3b) in additional military spending, Defence Secretary Des Browne said.
- Iraq Insurgents Air Video of 2 Slain US Soldiers VOA 11 Jul 2006 -- Insurgents in Iraq linked to al-Qaida have posted a video on the Internet showing the mutilated bodies of two American soldiers who were kidnapped and murdered last month.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|