Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- US General: Plan for US Troop Reductions in Iraq on Track VOA 26 Apr 2006 -- The top U.S. military general in Iraq says his intention to recommend a significant reduction in U.S. troop levels in the country later this year is basically on track, thanks in part to the selection of the country's new prime minister on Saturday
- U.S. Urges Rapid Formation of Inclusive Government in Iraq Washington File 25 Apr 2006 -- The overall U.S. strategy in Iraq is focused on the rapid standup of an inclusive, effective, democratic government that unifies the country, says James Jeffrey, the State Department's coordinator for Iraq.
- Rice, Rumsfeld Find New Iraqi Leaders 'Focused' AFPS 26 Apr 2006 -- After meeting with Iraq's newly selected top leaders, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told reporters here today that they liked what they heard.
- Rumsfeld, Rice Arrive in Iraq to Meet With Military, Government Leaders AFPS 26 Apr 2006 -- With Iraq's unity government in the process of selecting cabinet ministers, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld arrived here this morning on an unannounced visit to meet with his senior military commanders and Iraq's new leaders.
- Rumsfeld: All Neighbors Except Iran Benefit From Success in Iraq AFPS 26 Apr 2006 -- While success in Iraq's march to freedom would mean good things for most of its neighbors, Iran could only view that as a failure, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said here today.
- Rice Visits Baghdad To Consult New Iraqi Leaders Washington File 26 Apr 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice made an unannounced visit to Baghdad April 26 to consult with Iraq's newly chosen government officials and review operations at the U.S. Embassy to ensure it is in a position to provide the new Iraqi government with the support it needs.
- Rice, Rumsfeld Visit Baghdad Amid Hints of Troop Cut VOA 26 Apr 2006 -- The U.S. secretaries of state and defense are both in Baghdad for what officials say is an unprecedented joint visit to show strong support for the country's newly elected leaders.
- Iraq: Rumsfeld, Rice Fly In To Support New Prime Minister RFE/RL 26 Apr 2006 -- Two top U.S. officials flew separately into Baghdad today to show support for efforts to form a new government.
- Rumsfeld Arrives in Iraq to Show US Support VOA 26 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld arrived in Baghdad Wednesday for an unannounced visit to show U.S. support for the country's new prime minister.
- Source: Rove Testifying for 5th Time in CIA Leak Case VOA 26 Apr 2006 -- President Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove, provided more testimony Wednesday before a grand jury investigating who leaked the identity of former covert CIA officer Valerie Plame three years ago.
- US Army Officer Expected to Be Charged in Connection with Prisoner Abuse VOA 26 Apr 2006 -- A U.S. Army lieutenant colonel is expected to be charged soon in connection with the abuse of detainees at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list