25 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 25 Apr 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- CENTAF releases airpower summary report AFPN 25 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary report.
- C-130 Hercules support coalition operations AFPN 25 Apr 2006 -- The 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron here has been supporting Operation Mountain Lion since it began April 12.
- Iraqi Security Forces assume control, build trust Army News 25 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi Security Forces demonstrated again this week an increased role in the security of their nation as they continued to assume more responsibility, build capabilities and foster trust within Iraqi communities.
- Bus Bomb in Baghdad's Sadr City Kills 2 VOA 25 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi police say a bomb killed at least two people in Baghdad's mainly Shi'ite Sadr City neighborhood Tuesday
- US Senate Opens Debate on Funding Bill for Iraq War VOA 25 Apr 2006 -- The U.S. Senate has begun considering a massive spending bill to pay for the war in Iraq and aiding the recovery of the storm-ravaged Gulf coast
- US Official Says Iraq Reconstruction Facing Serious Obstacles VOA 25 Apr 2006 -- A U.S. government official has told Congress Iraq's new government will require long-term U.S. and international assistance if reconstruction efforts are to succeed.
- Rice Urges Turkey To Work with Iraq in Fighting Terror Group Washington File 26 Apr 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has urged Turkey to wait until a new Iraqi government is formed in the weeks ahead to address cross-border terrorism by the PKK, a Kurdish separatist group that has sought refuge in neighboring Iraq.
- Iraqi Unity at All-Time High, Rice Says AFPS 25 Apr 2006 -- Unity is at an all-time high in Iraq, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said yesterday.
- Welcoming Iraqi leadership, Security Council urges formation of government UN News Centre 25 Apr 2006 -- The United Nations Security Council today welcomed the election of Iraq's new leadership and voiced hope that the country would soon form a government.
- IRAQ: Radioactivity poses risk to population, warns UN nuclear agency IRIN 25 Apr 2006 -- The Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) announced on Monday that some 1,000 people living near the former Tuwaitha nuclear site faced serious health risks from lingering radiation.
- Iraqi Government Laying Foundation for Market Economy Washington File 25 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi economic officials have made tremendous progress in laying the foundation for a self-sufficient market economy, but face challenges in the energy and banking sectors, according to Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Robert Kimmit.
- Iraq: Premier-Designate Promises Tough Approach RFE/RL 25 Apr 2006 -- The background of Iraq's prime minister-designate, Jawad al-Maliki, leaves many wondering whether he will be willing to rein in rogue elements in the security forces
- Iraq: Tough Challenges Face New Prime Minister RFE/RL 25 Apr 2006 -- Prime Minister-designate Jawad al-Maliki, 55, is set to start forming a new government. But the old conflicts that bedeviled outgoing Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Ja'fari remain unresolved, from how to quell the insurgency and to how to resolve Sunni-Shi'ite tensions that in recent months have killed hundreds of people
- Rice Says Turkey Shares Concern Over Iran VOA 25 Apr 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is in Ankara for talks with Turkish leaders on Iran's nuclear program and developments in neighboring Iraq.
- Internet Video Said to be Top Al-Qaida Fugitive in Iraq VOA 25 Apr 2006 -- An Internet Web site has posted a video purporting to show fugitive terrorist Abu Musab Zarqawi vowing that the United States will be defeated in Iraq.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|