Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
18 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Bush Backs Rumsfeld Anew, Rejects Critics VOA 18 Apr 2006 -- President Bush is rejecting critics of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
- Rumsfeld Defends Record at Pentagon VOA 18 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said Tuesday he is not considering submitting his resignation, following demands that he do so from several retired U.S. military generals for alleged failures in planning and carrying out the war in Iraq.
- Progress Being Made Throughout U.S. Central Command Region AFPS 18 Apr 2006 -- Negative media reports on continuing violence in Iraq and Afghanistan make it hard for people to recognize political and economic progress being made there and in surrounding countries, the senior enlisted advisor to the commander of U.S. Central Command said here.
- Date of Iran-US talks on Iraq not fixed yet: Asefi IRNA 18 Apr 2006 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi said here Tuesday that Iran decided to hold talks with the United States on Iraq though there has been negative view in this respect.
- Iran accepts US call for talks on Iraq IRNA 18 Apr 2006 -- Expediency Council (EC) Chairman Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani here Tuesday said that Iran has accepted the US call for talks on Iraq, adding that it has not yet started.
- Mottaki confers with Iraqi political figure IRNA 18 Apr 2006 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki on Tuesday held talks with Iraqi political figure Ibrahim Muhammad Bahrol Uloum on the latest developments in Iraq and the region.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list