09 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Kill, Capture Terrorists, Find IEDs AFPS 09 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi and coalition forces captured and killed terrorists, found an improvised explosive device and responded to a series of deadly IED attacks in recent days, officials in Iraq reported.
- Expeditionary Strike Group 8 Wraps Up Maritime Security Operations AFPS 09 Apr 2006 -- Expeditionary Strike Group 8 transited through the Suez Canal April 7, marking the end of more than four months of maritime security operations in the 5th Fleet area of operations.
- Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad and Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., Issue Iraqi Freedom Day Statement AFPS 09 Apr 2006
- Khalilzad Emphasizes Progress, Urges Commitment on Iraqi Freedom Day AFPS 09 Apr 2006 -- The U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, today disputed claims that conditions in Iraq have worsened during the past two years, but said that will happen if the United States abruptly leaves the country, as some have urged.
- U.S. Report On Iraqi Provinces Offers Bleak Assessment RFE/RL 09 Apr 2006 -- An internal U.S. Embassy report on Iraq's provinces obtained by "The New York Times" rates the overall stability of six of the country's 18 provinces as "serious" and one as "critical."
- Debate Continues in Washington Over US Role in Iraq VOA 09 Apr 2006 -- The U.S. Ambassador to Iraq says a complete pullout of American troops from the country before the end of this year is unrealistic
- Top Republican Urges Bush to Talk About Intelligence Disclosure VOA 09 Apr 2006 -- A leading Congressional Republican says President Bush and Vice-President Cheney should talk to the American people about their involvement in the disclosure of intelligence information on Iraq.
- Iraqi Parliament To Convene This Week RFE/RL 09 Apr 2006 -- Iraq's acting speaker of parliament says he will call on the assembly to convene this week.
- Iraqi Leaders Reject Mubarak's Remark That it is in Civil War VOA 09 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi leaders are reacting angrily to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's comments that Iraq is on the brink of civil war
- Iran in no hurry to set date for talks with US: Asefi IRNA 09 Apr 2006 -- Iran on Sunday said it is in no haste to determine the date of talks with the United States on Iraq.
- Asefi: Iran doubts US good intention in talks on Iraq IRNA 09 Apr 2006 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi here Sunday said that Iran is doubtful about the US good intention in the upcoming talks on Iraq.
- Saudi Foreign Minister Says Iraq Is In Civil War RFE/RL 09 Apr 2006 -- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister, Prince Saud al-Faisal, today became the second senior Middle Eastern political figure in two days to call the violence in Iraq a civil war.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|