06 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 06 Apr 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine and Sailor Casualties
- Weekly Press Briefing April 6, 2006 MNF-I 06 Apr 2006 -- IRAQ OPERATIONAL UPDATE BRIEFING BRIEFER: MAJOR GENERAL RICK LYNCH, SPOKESMAN, MULTINATIONAL FORCE IRAQ
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Secretary Rumsfeld and United Kingdom Secretary of State for Defense Reid 06 Apr 2006 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and United Kingdom Secretary of State for Defense John Reid
- Terrorist leader captured Army News 06 Apr 2006 -- Iraq officials announced the capture of one of Iraq's most-wanted fugitives, as Iraqi Army battalions take over more of their own battlespace.
- 2nd BCT leaders meet with local sheiks, address security concerns Army News 06 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi police officials, local sheiks from the northern Babil province and leaders from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, discussed concerns regarding the province's security April 1.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary report AFPN 06 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary report.
- Determined Manhunt Leads to Major Terrorist Catch AFPS 06 Apr 2006 -- U.S. officials announced today that Iraqi forces captured a terrorist leader in Iraq early last month.
- Car Bomb Blast in Iraq at Shi'ite Shrine Kills 10 VOA 06 Apr 2006 -- A car bomb has killed at least 10 people near a Shi'ite Muslim shrine in the southern Iraqi city of Najaf.
- Court Papers Say Bush Authorized Disclosure on Iraq VOA 06 Apr 2006 -- Court documents made public in Washington Thursday contend that President Bush personally authorized the disclosure of classified information on Iraq's weapons program to rebut critics of the U.S.-led invasion.
- Transcript: President Bush Discusses Global War on Terror The White House 06 Apr 2006
- Bush Defends Iraq War for Short-Term Protection, Long-Term Peace AFPS 06 Apr 2006 -- Protection of America in the near term and trying to lay a foundation for peace in the long term make the war in Iraq worthwhile, President Bush told a Charlotte, N.C., audience today.
- Bush Defends War Strategy in Iraq, Says 'Victory Will Be Achieved' VOA 06 Apr 2006 -- President Bush says Iraq is making progress toward forming a government of national unity and stopping sectarian violence.
- US Urges Iraqis to Show Restraint After Deadly Car Bombing in Najaf VOA 06 Apr 2006 -- The United States has urged all Iraqis to show restraint after a car bomb killed at least 10 people near a Shi'ite Muslim shrine in the southern Iraqi city of Najaf.
- Efforts to Form Iraqi Government Suffer Another Blow VOA 06 Apr 2006 -- Efforts to form a national unity government in Iraq apparently suffered another setback Thursday, when plans to announce the next session of parliament were canceled.
- Britain's Reid: Iraq Withdrawal Requires Capable Troops VOA 06 Apr 2006 -- Britain's Secretary of Defense says trained, capable Iraqi troops and a broad representative government are the keys to a successful Iraq, as well as the exit strategy for coalition forces
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|