02 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- TASK FORCE BAND OF BROTHERS' SOLDIER KILLED
- TWO MND-B SOLDIERS KILLED IN CENTRAL BAGHDAD
- TWO MND-B PILOTS PRESUMED DEAD
- MND-B PILOTS KILLED
- Apache Crew's Bodies Recovered; Officials Report on Operations AFPS 02 Apr 2006 -- Military officials in Iraq today confirmed the death of two helicopter pilots from Multinational Division Baghdad whose AH-64D Apache Longbow helicopter crashed southwest of Baghdad yesterday, and provided details on recent operations.
- Rice, Straw Fly To Iraq; Urge Formation of National Unity Government AFPS 02 Apr 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her British counterpart, Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, made a surprise visit to Iraq today to urge officials there to hasten their formation of a national unity government.
- Rice, Straw Pay Surprise Visit To Iraq RFE/RL 02 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw today made a surprise trip to Baghdad to urge Iraqi political leaders to step up efforts to form a unity government.
- In Baghdad, Rice Urges Progress on Government of National Unity Washington File 02 Apr 2006 -- During a surprise trip to Baghdad April 2, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met with Iraqi leaders and urged them to complete their political negotiations by selecting a prime minister with enough support to form a broad-based government of national unity.
- US Secretary of State Says Iraqis Losing Patience with Baghdad Government VOA 02 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says Iraqis are losing patience with their politicians for failing to form a unity government after nearly four months of negotiations.
- IRAQ: More than 40,000 displaced, ministry estimates IRIN 02 Apr 2006 -- More than 40,000 people have been displaced countrywide as a result of ongoing sectarian violence, Ministry of Displacement and Migration officials said on Sunday.
- IRAQ: Food prices rise after reduction of monthly rations IRIN 02 Apr 2006 -- The price of some staple food has increased in Iraq after the Ministry of Trade announced last week that several items provided by a monthly food-ration programme would be cancelled
- Iraqi Foreign Minister Says Forming Government is Urgent Matter VOA 02 Apr 2006 -- Iraq's foreign minister says Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw have conveyed their impatience with the slow formation of an Iraqi government
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|