Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
29 September 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 29 Sep 2004 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Precision Air Strike Targets Anti-Iraqi Forces MNF-I/MNC-I 29 Sep 2004 -- Multi-National Forces conducted a precision air strike in the Al Thawra District at approximately 11:30 p.m., Sept. 28.
- Soldiers Corral Cattle in Iraq MNF-I/MNC-I 29 Sep 2004 -- Camp Liberty, Baghdad - Soldiers from the 345th Tactical Psychological Operations Detachment, Dallas, Texas, and 425th Civil Affairs Battalion, Santa Barbara, Calif., of the 2nd Brigade Combat team, 10th Mountain Division, recently worked with Iraqi veterinarians to provide vaccinations and other shots for Iraqi.
- UKRANIAN KILLED IN CAR ACCIDENT MNF-I/MNC-I 29 Sep 2004 -- One Ukranian officer has died and 2 Ukranian officers were injured as a result of a car accident near Camp Delta earlier today
- Marines uncover weapons cache in Babil MNF-I/MNC-I 29 Sep 2004 -- Marines from the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in the vicinity of Musayyib Sept. 28 and detained three men with suspected ties to the ordnance.
- U.S. Forces, Insurgents Clash In Baghdad VOA 29 Sep 2004 -- Iraq's Interior Ministry said U.S. and Iraqi forces clashed with insurgents today on Baghdad's Haifa Street, which has been the scene of fierce fighting recently.
- IRAQI POLICE FIND VEHICLE BORN IED NEAR AL-MASHRU VILLAGE CENTCOM 29 Sep 2004 -- At approximately 1:15 p.m. on September 28, 2004, the Iraqi Police became suspicious of a vehicle that appeared near an Iraqi Police check point on a supply route to Baghdad. Later, the Iraqi Police noticed this same car near Al-Mashru village.
- PRECISION ARTILLERY ENGAGEMENT SILENCES INSURGENT MORTAR TEAM CENTCOM 29 Sep 2004 -- Multi-National Forces conducted a precision artillery engagement in the Al Thawra District of Baghdad, targeting an insurgent mortar team at approximately 5:15 p.m Sept. 29.
- 4th LAAD reservists take over security on Al Asad Marine Corps News 29 Sep 2004 -- Recently, reservists from 4th Low-Altitude Air Defense Battalion were activated to be part of the Security Battalion, Marine Wing Support Group 37, for the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing here.
- Marines maintain combat skills in Iraq Marine Corps News 29 Sep 2004 -- The Marines of Combat Service Support Company 124 conducted live-fire, combat skills training for future convoy operations here, Sept. 27, 2004.
- Powell Says United States Will Achieve Its Goals in Iraq Washington File 29 Sep 2004 -- Secretary of State Colin Powell says the United States will not be deterred from achieving its goal of helping the Iraqi people establish a democracy, despite a fierce insurgency.
- POWELL / IRAQ / MIDEAST VOA 29 Sep 2004 -- Secretary of State Colin Powell says he supports, and is ready to take part in, an international conference aimed at bolstering Iraq's electoral process and securing its borders in advance of elections to be held by the end of January. Mr. Powell discussed that issue and Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts in talks Wednesday with the foreign ministers of Jordan and Tunisia.
- CONGRESS / 9-11 / IRAQ VOA 29 Sep 2004 -- With less than two weeks before a pre-election adjournment date, more debates have broken out between Democrats and Republicans over the situation in Iraq, as well as legislation to implement recommendations of the independent commission on the 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Blair denies he will not be trusted again to lead UK to war IRNA 29 Sep 2004 -- Prime Minister Tony Blair Wednesday accepted that he had paid a political price for the Iraq war, but denied that his government would not be trusted again to lead Britain into another war.
- Italy: Country Welcomes Hostages From Iraq Amid Concern Over Possible Ransom Payment RFE/RL 29 Sep 2004 -- Ever since Simona Pari and Simona Torretta were abducted in Baghdad three weeks ago, Italians from Sicily to the Alps have been in anguish over the fate of the two 29-year-old aid workers. Then, last week, their worst fears seemed to have materialized. An Islamic militant website that carries messages from radicals in Iraq announced that the women had been killed. Some Italians greeted the news with tears, but the government of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi urged caution over the unconfirmed report. Two days later, on 26 September, new hope emerged when a Kuwaiti newspaper reported that the women were still alive. Finally, last night, amid reports that a ransom had been paid, the women were freed and flown home to a joyous welcome.
- U.K.: Blair Tries To Shore Up Divisions In Labour Party Over Iraq War RFE/RL 29 Sep 2004 -- In a powerful speech at the party's annual conference yesterday, British Prime Minister Tony Blair confronted the opposition to the Iraq war within his own ruling Labour Party and promised a third term in office.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list