Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 September 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Iraqi Forces Find Weapons in Sadr's Office Near Shrine AFPS 11 Sep 2004 -- Iraqi police and the Iraqi Intervention Force found hundreds of illegal weapons hidden in secret rooms in the Najaf office of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr on Sept. 9, according to a statement released by Multinational Force Iraq today on behalf of Iraq's interior ministry.
- IRAQ OFFENSIVE VOA 11 Sep 2004 -- A senior Iraqi official has announced a new nationwide offensive against insurgents. The declaration comes as a bomb was detonated outside the U.S. consulate in the southern city of Basra, killing at least one.
- HUGE ILLEGAL WEAPONS CACHE FOUND IN AL-SADR'S NAJAF OFFICE CENTCOM 11 Sep 2004 -- The Iraqi Police and the Iraqi Intervention Force found hundreds of illegal weapons hidden in secret rooms in Muqtada al-Sadr's Najaf office Thursday.
- Reserve Marine squadron uses GPS parachutes in Iraq USMC News 11 Sep 2004 -- Reservists with Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 452, Marine Aircraft Group 16, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, are putting a new cargo parachute system to the test during combat operations here.
- CRUZ PLEADS GUILTY, RECEIVES BAD CONDUCT DISCHARGE CENTCOM 11 Sep 2004 -- Charges against Specialist Armin J. Cruz were referred to a Special Court-Martial empowered to adjudge a Bad Conduct Discharge. The two charges against Specialist Cruz are maltreatment of detainees and conspiracy to maltreat detainees
- U.S. Soldier Sentenced In Iraqi Prisoner-Abuse Scandal RFE/RL 11 Sep 2004 -- A U.S. military judge in Iraq has sentenced a U.S. Army intelligence analyst to eight months in prison for mistreating inmates at Abu Ghurayb prison.
- Two More Electricity Generators Come Online in Iraq AFPS 11 Sep 2004 -- Two electricity generators in suburban Baghdad that had fallen into disrepair under Saddam Hussein's regime returned to service today, producing enough electricity to fuel 72,000 Iraqi homes.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list