General Staff of KPA Issues Crucial Notice
Korean Central News Agency of DPRK via Korea News Service (KNS)
Pyongyang, May 27 (KCNA) -- The General Staff of the Korean People's Army issued the following crucial notice Thursday:
The top-class servants of the puppet ministries of Defence, Unification and Foreign Affairs and Trade buckled down all at once to putting into practice the scenario for confrontation with fellow countrymen already worked out by them after traitor Lee Myung Bak declared it as a "state policy" to escalate all-out confrontation with the DPRK in his May 24 "statement to the people".
Such movement of the group of traitors is an act of totally scrapping the historic June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration, the programme for implementing it, gains common to the nation, and a hideous criminal act of driving the north-south relations to the state of war.
As the group of traitors dared preempt all-out confrontation with the DPRK, the KPA General Staff informs it in strong terms that the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK will put into practice crucial measures to cope with such action.
1. The KPA will retract all measures for providing military guarantees for the north-south cooperation and exchange.
It will start examining the closure of the military communications liaison offices in the eastern and western coastal areas and the total suspension of the overland passage concerning the Kaesong Industrial Zone, etc. for the present.
2. As for the anti-DPRK psychological campaign which the puppet military is set to resume, merciless counteractions will be taken throughout the frontline areas as the commander of the forces of the KPA in the central sector of the front had already warned the enemy side.
3. Bilateral agreements concluded to prevent accidental conflicts in the West Sea of Korea will be declared completely null and void.
In this connection the use of international maritime ultra-shortwave walkie-talkie will be banned and the communications line which has been in service to handle an emergency situation be immediately cut off.
4. The KPA will make a prompt physical strike at the intrusion into the extension of the Military Demarcation Line under our side's control in the West Sea of Korea.
5. It will totally ban the passage of warships, airplanes and other means of transportation of the group of traitors through the territorial waters, air and land of the DPRK.
6. It will strictly ban the entry of the group of traitors including the puppet authorities into the DPRK.
7. It will probe the truth about the "fabrication" and "charade" to the last as long as the group of traitors persistently refuses to receive the inspection group of the DPRK National Defence Commission.
The above-said steps are the first-phase reaction of the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK to the reckless moves of the group of traitors, confrontation maniacs, sycophants and quislings to escalate the showdown with it.
The group will come to keenly realize what dear price it will have to pay for having completely scrapped the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|